Pressure from a water butt

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure from a water butt

Does anybody use a gravity fed hopepipe from their water butt? If so how well does it work, how long can the hose be and how high is your butt?
    http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Matt. View Post
    how high is your butt?
    Thats a very personal question Matt!

Comment

I had a dripper system on the water butt last year kept blocking up and running out and pressure not so good when 1/2 full

Comment

Hi Matt

I use the waterbutt with a soaker hose in my greenhouse. Works well but the butt is empty after about 26 hours, so even @ very low pressure the flow remains. If I fit a battery operated flow control I'll extend the watering to cover weekends away. There's always something to try!!!

Comment

Phill, how big is the water butt?
          TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Okay I think I'll give it a try. To be honest I'm not expecting much having searched on the internet so anything more than a trickle would be good. Most likely is using a watering can I think. One question I have but can't find an answer for is how much pressure loss do you get per metre of hosepipe? I.e. how high does the water butt need to be to get the same flow rate at 30m of hose compared to straight out of the water butt tap?

I have two 220 litre cylinders. They are a lot like blue barrels.
            Last edited by Lesley Jay; 05-05-2007, 05:08 PM.
            http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
              Phill, how big is the water butt?
              I don't know its capacity but it's a standard butt about 4 feet 6 high.

Comment

Hi Tony

Forgot to mention it's standing on a standard base about 12" high - enough to put a watering can under the tap.

Comment

30 m of hose = get your butt as high as you safely can .
                  Seriously the higher the better more height = more pressure . Its that simple.
                  There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X