Should I go to the Allotment AGM?!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Likac66 View Post
    Ok, you've convinced me! Hope it's not just full of old men supping their pints of bitter...
    Well it will be, but also of young(er) people too! Personally, I'd make allotment AGMs compulsary attendance - you should at least know what is going on at your site!

If you have a good structure (chairman/secretary/treasurer) and an agenda, it should clip along at a reasonable pace - at least until 'any other business' comes round and old boy 1 ramblers on about something not hugely relevant, and old boy 2 disagrees, then goes off on a tangent... etc etc.

All good fun though!

Comment

gotta be worth going just to find out If you don't enjoy it it's only cost you a couple of hours,or you might meet new friends,get good advice,find out whats happening!
      IF YOU DON'T GO YOU WON'T KNOW
      don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
      remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Originally posted by Likac66 View Post
        will they try to force a job onto me because no-one else wants to do it?!
        Probably !

But you've got a tongue in your head: just say "not this year, maybe next".

Yes, you ought to go, just to get your face known. A lot of allotment rules are decided "behind the scenes" so to speak, rules that might affect you.

I'm taking my own advice, and will be attending this year for the first time (I've avoided it because I tend to volunteer for jobs I have no time to do).
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Well I went, and they were very nice to me. The meeting bit took about an hour and then I even stayed for a drink and a chat with the others. I volunteered to help out with the quarterly magazine/newsletter as it's something I can confidently help with. Altogether there was about 25 people there.
          Likac66

Living in her own purple world

Loving gardening, reading, knitting and crochet.

Comment

Well for your own peace of mind, and to say well iv'e done it, so go see what it's all about.
            You may even enjoy it, and give some good advice.

paul.
            Help Wildlife.
            Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X