Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got one :-D

hey guys, finally got a plot after years and years of waiting :-D
    90ft by 45ft and its been completely neglected, full of couch grass and i found some (99% sure) horse tail roots today :-s so its gonna be a busy time clearing it and bringing it back to life

Congrats your going to be a busy fella, take it a chunk at a time and enjoy it
    My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations go slow but sure BabyJohnny. We have the first meeting with the council at the end of this month so fingers crossed.
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
      If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Good luck, its so exciting getting a new lottie. Enjoy it, they are the best

Comment

Post a few pics please and let us see how you progress

Comment

Just read your other thread on your rotavator. Don't rotavate where there are perennial weed such as the couch grass. You will chop up the roots into tiny pieces which will all grow into new plants making it much much worse.

Comment

Congratulations. Try not to make the couch grass worse, it's bad enough without any help at all
              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Congratulations on the new plot. The hard work will be worth it in the end, enjoy

Comment

Fantastic news.

Good luck with the plot.

Looking forward to seeing pics of how you are developing
                  Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Fabulous!!
                    Don't envy you the mares tail !!
                    Lynne x

Comment

Nice one.........Don't forget to put some pics in the "Before & After" section............In fact take some today.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Congratulations; take lots of photos, you'll soon forget just how overgrown it once was.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Congratulations

Just remember to break down the work into nice bite-sized chunks and dont try to do too much all at once.

Andy
                          http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Don't stress too much about the horsetail - it's prehistoric, and will probably still be here long after humans are extinct Just get out what you can, and hoe off any regrowth as soon as you see it. It'll probably never go away, but on the plus side, it doesn't take much from the veg in terms of light/water/nutrients.

As Wendy and others have said though, don't rotovate before you've dug out as much root as you can because chopping the roots up will make it all so much worse...

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for comments, yea am gonna fork out as my couch as possible before I use rotavator lol and same goes for the mare's tail - am not gonna stress about it an just keep positive it'll take at least 3 years in mind to clear the couch grass completely, just gonna concentrate on beds first then will sort paths out etc after...
                              I have been plying with suttons's garden planner and it's quite useful as a tool has anyone else on here tried it & if so are the plant ratios/bed size accurate ? Planned my whole seed sowing rota on it lol
                              Cheers
                              Johnny

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X