Comfrey Tea

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfrey Tea

I put some comfrey leaves into water in a covered container last September/October and forgot about it until now. Does anyone have any idea if it is still safe to use as a plant feed, or will the goodness in it have subsided over winter.

I think from what people have said in the past that it should be a really good brew by now! Most people can't keep their mitts off it for that long.
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

should be fine I usually put my last cut ,just before the frosts,into a barrel to brew over winter
      don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
      remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

I've still got the stuff I made last summer and it will be getting used this year. I've never heard that it has a "sell by date" so I'll be interested to find out too.
        My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by robertthomson_208 View Post
          ... or will the goodness in it have subsided over winter.
          where would the goodness have gone to? How can it get out of the bottle?
          It's all good, use it.
          It will be very sludgey by now though, so pour it on your compost heap and start again if you want a less slimey product for the new season.

Top tip: if you find that the sludge blocks the pouring hole when you tip the bottle, first stuff some fresh leaves in the top of the brew. They act as a sieve, and make pouring easier
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We still have some Comfrey tea left over in bottles as well, there is no way the goodness can escape, if anything, it will become more concentrated.
            http://theallotmentplot.weebly.com/index.html

A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X