a one year wait and now we have a lottie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a one year wait and now we have a lottie

Got notification this week that we had the choice of two plots!

A quick visit and we chose the one which has only recently, i assume, been given up. It measures 46feet by 16 so not full size but has raspberries, gooseberries, blackcurrants, fennel, a few small leeks or very large spring onions and oriental mustard...there's a bit of weeding to be done but compared to many getting new plots we consider ourselves very very lucky.

We are really excited having got it at such a perfect time with spring,hopefully, just around the corner. And in the spirit of looking on the bright side all this rain should make the weeding realtively easy (we hope).

Plus the chicken ccop arrives tomorrow

Would upload piccies but not sure how to resize them?

Congratulations and welcome to the madhouse.......you gotta love your lottie! Hope To see you here often.....loads to learn from real experts.....not me!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Congratulations.
      Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Congratulations! great time to get it as well. I've only had mine since the start of the year so very excited about this year's growing season.
        Likac66

Living in her own purple world

Loving gardening, reading, knitting and crochet.

Comment

Welcome finally to the vine J&S, only 3 posts in 2 years..................don't let VC find out....................seriously though, it's a great feeling getting your 1st plot........With regards to resizing, If you have got Microsoft Office Picture Manager, it is easy to resize Pics, just select "Document Large" & save.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Congratulations on the new plot and hope you enjoy every minute

Comment

Congratulations on getting your new plot and with so much already on it too. And the extra plus on getting one only just given up.

This was the state of our first ever plot when we first got it, the ground hadn't been worked in nearly 5 years. The past tenant had only come down and piled grass and dirt into about 15 giant piles.
              Attached Files
              http://theallotmentplot.weebly.com/index.html

A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.

Comment

How exciting, congratulations I'll never forget how excited I was at getting my plot.
                My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                  Welcome finally to the vine J&S, only 3 posts in 2 years..................don't let VC find out.............
                  Did someone mention my name?
                  Welcome from me too! A one year wait sounds quite quick to me and it sounds like a good plot that you've chosen. Lucky you Do try to post some piccies as we're a nosey lot. Its also great to see how much you improve it throughout the year.

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse from another nutter.
                    Sounds like you got a good plot, and a chook house as well! Awesome!
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      Microsoft Office Picture Manager, it is easy to resize Pics
                      I use Paint myself: also easy, I like it for cropping, plus you can add text to the photos

(right click on your photo. Click on Open With, then click on Paint. Use the size selector (drag bar or arrows) at the bottom right of the new page. Select a size you can work with (I use 25%) Then Save ).

1) or just to Resize:
                      Open with Paint (right click on your photo)
                      Click on Resize, and select one of the options.
                      Save

2) to crop: select Rectangular Selection, then drag a new rectangle over your photo, then Crop. Then Save. Done.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 22-03-2013, 08:01 AM. Reason: clarification
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        I use Paint myself: also easy, plus you can add text to the photos

(right click on your photo. Click on Open With, then click on Paint. Use the size selector (drag bar or arrows) at the bottom right of the new page. Then Save ).

Or: after opening in Paint, select Rectangular Selection, then drag a new rectangle over your photo, then Crop. Then Save.
                        I was thinking more compressing the size of the file as opposed to cropping it.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hello congratulations and welcome to the vine
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes, will have a play at resizing. We haven't exactly been prolific posters bigmally although somethings tells me that will change.
                            The year wait has been ideal, for the past 2 years we've mainly concentrated on the garden raised beds and greenhouse (getting a grounding) and noe feel equipped to deal with bigger and better.
                            Looks like you had your work cut out Stary D!

Comment

I think i may have attached a couple of pictures...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X