Unknown leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown leaves

Can anyone identify what plant/weed/veg this is??

Was told by a neighbouring plot holder that it is horseradish but i am not so sure
    Attached Files

Looks like horseradish to me.

Comment

Smell the root to tell whether its horseradish!!

Comment

i would smell it but..... i cant even smell a bucket of nettle stew when stood on top of it

Comment

Pass it to someone else then!!

Comment

Just asked a neighbour, must have made myself look a complete nutter asking him to smell it

Comment

.............and he said.................

Comment

kinda smells like it, might have to speak to a female neighbour as they seem to know everything

Comment

But thank you for your assistance

Comment

My pleasure If you can't smell anything, can you taste things?
                    If you pare off a bit of root and dab the inner flesh on your lips or tongue - you should be able to tell. Be careful though as it may be very strong
                    I'm not a fan of horseradish - I moved house to get away from it. So, be warned, it spreads everywhere from the teeniest bit of root!!

Comment

took your advice, forgot to have a bucket of water to hand so that confirms it to be horseradish

Comment

Don't worry about it spreading - cabbage white caterpillars eat the leaves (at least this year they do)

Comment

I have some growing in a container, Cannot wait to try it.

I think the longer you leave it open to the air after peeling the hotter it becomes.

Then use a small amount of vingear to stabilise it at that temperature.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X