Theives and vandals

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonohanson View Post
    We have also been subjected to break-ins (I notice you're Yorkshire, my site is in Sheffield?). So as a counter measure and metal has been removed and this weekend I took the greenhouse down, there are now no structures on my plots, this makes them less attractive. I am in the process of re-building my fence line, all my new fences will include pointy nails at the top (where I 'accidentally missed'), grease and at the bottom of my fences (allotment side) I will be storing all my canes, pointing upwards so I can see how many I have and have easy access to them.

I am also tempted to build a water reservoir behind my door.

If anyone was to get hurt as far as I am concerned it their own fault, I am not being broken into again, and if I am this time there should be ample DNA left behind!!
    The problem with booby traps is that it only takes one forgetful moment for you to get hoisted on your own petard! or worse still someone innocent gets harmed!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
      You probably don't find out anything but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be recorded.
      Building up a pattern of crimes can actually help the police create strategies and target areas to deal with problems.
      You're correct, but missed the point slightly
      The op was upset with a perceived lack of police action when there wasn't a hell of a lot for them to go on

Comment

I leave an open topped bucket of freshly made comfrey tea just inside the shed door only downside is the flies in the shed and of course the smell when first opened
        don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

No "innocent" person has any right to be on my plot.
          As for the police, I haven't seen one on the beat for years, all they seem to do around here is man the cash cow speed cameras. A visible presence every so often might be a deterrent.

Comment

You could always forget to put your rake away, leaving it on the main path pointy side up.

Potty
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

2 wooden pegs 2x2. 2 ft long with 10mm holes drilled through the top about 1 inch down from the top
              1 bit of string
              1 party popper

Bang your pegs in both sides of the path
              Extend string on the popper
              Feed the string through hole in the peg push popper end
              Into the hole
              Feed string through other peg hole and tie
              Cover popper if raining will not go bang if wet
              Don't forget to disconnect in the morning
              Ask neighbours to listen out and take appropriate action

Comment

Latest Topics