Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No idea.

Hi All.

Well I got my plot last year about this time ans was very overgrown with ramble up the back.

So I cleared have and planted some onions, potatoes, autumn bliss raspberry and runner beans.

I did not plan anything and still don't have a clue what I am doing. How to divide it up an how my h I should be planting.

I guess I want advice to grow fruit and veg for a family of 4. With I guess the basics for veg.

All ad I e very welcome.

My suggestion; make a cup of tea and start reading some threads on here.

Comment

^^^^^^^ good idea Zaz. You'll get lots of tips that way Radiantpaper.

Welcome to the vine by the way!
      Now is a good time to be planning how you want things to be. Have you tried your local library for books on allotment growing? It's good to look at photos and diagrams of other people's plans and designs before you decide how to divide it up. You can get a lot of tips and ideas that way.

First decide what you want to grow. It's no good growing three rows of cabbage unless that's what you like to eat, so make a list of the vegetables you eat lots of, those you eat some of, and those you would like to try.

Then look at which are cheap to buy or expensive to buy. For instance, onions are cheap all year, and there's not much difference between GYO and shop bought, so if you only use one a week it would be better to use the space for more expensive stuff - asparagus, maybe, or raspberries.
      Soft fruits are very good value for money, because they are expensive in the shops, and once you've bought the plants, that's it, they fruit for you every year.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

This link of before and after allotment photos is a good place to start your browsing :-

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ter_34360.html
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X