Nowt to do but, moan!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nowt to do but, moan!

Been down to my plot today, not much to do, as I seem to be very much on top of things, so I thought I`d come home and have a moan on here.

It never ceases to amaze me at other allotment holders bad habits, Ok, maybe we all have a few bad habits but those that affect others are the ones that really get me going, for example, several times this year on going to fill up my watering cans from one of the site`s water tanks, I find that somebody has decided to put a whole bag of miracle grow type granules into the tank to save them time from mixing it up separately Secondly, I see queues of plot holders washing their veg, which may carry some disease? directly in those very same tanks, so I get chemicals that I not wish to use and diseases that I do not want!

What are your thoughts?

No, the chemical thing would drive me batcrazy as well. However we don't have any water supplied; we have to collect everything we use.

Comment

I'd look at storing your own water for your plot like collecting it from a shed or some other surface. Unfortunately in life some people sometimes just think about themselves and not about others. I wouldn't like to think I was washing my veg in plant food and other soil borne diseases. Not very good housekeeping is it?
      ~ / To plant a garden, is to believe in tomorrow \ ~

Comment

Our tanks have signs on to say don't wash tools or veg in them. By and large everyone sticks to it. Why not suggest it to your chair/ Secretary?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X