Someone appears to have pinched my allotment :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    Have any of you gurgled 'Methe?' It could explain the confusion...
    No I hadn't, but I have now!

Ahhhh
    DottyR

Comment

• Is that the origin of Meth-elated spirits?

Comment

• That was my first thought, Nutter!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Methe was a goddess of drunkeness in Greek mythology or so Wikipedia tells me. I wanted Bacchus, but it was taken when I first used forums. Bacchus was the roman god of wine

I feel I need to make my case that I'm not a raging drunk at this point.. But I do rather like wine

Comment

• Cheers!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Bottoms up

Comment

• Cheers also.

(Suppose 'wino' wud have been all wrong?)
                Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 12-11-2013, 06:48 PM.
                DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Methe View Post
                  I feel I need to make my case that I'm not a raging drunk at this point.. But I do rather like wine
                  sounds like you'll fit in just fine
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• A belated Hi and shame about the mix up you will defo need a few wines when this is all sorted at least a key has been handed back so you know something is free so just an irritating waiting game now.

If you do get swampy you say you have planks for raised beds so no problem

Will be good to see how this plays out.

We have a full plot that is being split into 3 mini plots as it is very wet as is the rest of the site but we will need to advertise them as needing to have raised beds on. So don't feel to bad there are more water logged plots around.
                    Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• Originally posted by mrgrower View Post
                      A belated Hi and shame about the mix up you will defo need a few wines when this is all sorted at least a key has been handed back so you know something is free so just an irritating waiting game now.

If you do get swampy you say you have planks for raised beds so no problem

Will be good to see how this plays out.

We have a full plot that is being split into 3 mini plots as it is very wet as is the rest of the site but we will need to advertise them as needing to have raised beds on. So don't feel to bad there are more water logged plots around.
                      I can see how it is quite possible to make a swampy plot work. But basicaly you are having to isolate your plants from the soil, using raised beds and Greehouses or poly tunnels plus the added problems of more slugs and flies, maybe the odd alligator..
                      The thing then is to consider if you want all this extra hassle or are there any incentives such as a drasticaly reduced rent?
                      You are under no obligation to accepts this swamp, I would prefer to wait for a better plot and use the councils blunder to your advantage in getting you that better plot. They owe you.
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                        Imaybe the odd alligator..

The old addage about beggers may apply here? It's always best to work from the inside and raised beds can be dismantled and moved, that's my thinking. A load of horse poo leaf mold sand and other organic matter can help.

I know I'm in the same boat on our plot wet claggy clay waterlogged soil.
                        Last edited by mrgrower; 13-11-2013, 07:37 AM.
                        Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• It's not a good plot. It's 6inches lower then the plot next to it was was almost completely under water. Even the weeds that were on it were struggling. I don't mind hard work but there's really no point setting myself up for disappointment.

Comment

• Right well they've offered me the half plot 14b. It's 5m by about 14m. The guy who had it died. It's had nothing done to it for last year other than repeated rotavation.

Comment

• Better offer than Swampy!! Have you accepted?

Comment

• Good news indeed, all we have to do now is think of ways to get rid of the holder of 14A, I'll work summat out for you.
                                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X