No announcement yet.

New member to the family

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughters solitary house bunny seems happy enough she gets lots of attention and only goes in her cage at night or when they're out of the house.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

You could try a Guinea Pig with the Rabbit, they make good companions. We have several Rabbits one to a cage and the tame ones get handled every day and seem quite happy.
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Hi there- just caught up with this thread!

We have had pet bunnies for years. We used to breed them for sale.

You say Rocky is a boy??...I wouldn't put him with anther bunny- he'll play 'piggyback' with a female all the time and hurt her and make babbies too!...and will most likely attack another male.
        We have had 2 gals OK with each other although one will boss the other one around.
        I think it's good for them to see each other or even cuddle up against each other with a chicken wire divider between hutches.

I was advised once to have a guinea pig with our male and he 'piggy backed' it way too often and the poor guinea pig was traumatised by the whole thing...it probably depends on their general attitude.
        A neutered male would be much less hormonal... but he'd need doing early.

Why not bring him into the house and litter train him?
        We have had a couple like that. They get played with an awful lot more too.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by The Cobra View Post
          So, if given daily handling and plenty of love, will this rabbit live a happy life, without needing another rabbit?
          Absolutely!!!

Comment

I love your posts Nicos, and always agree with them. He is indeed a boy, only young, but very cuddly and placid. He's hopping about in the living room right now, which I'm sure is a sign of happiness?? Like I said earlier, I really didn't think I'd enjoy having a pet rabbit, it's never even appealed to me before now. But I think he's great. He's a proper little lad and has a great character on him!!! Think for now I'm gonna leave him on his own, and give him as much of my own time as family life allows. Not ruled out breeding some rabbits yet, so really don't wanna get him neutered

Comment

Any chance of a piccie? He sounds lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Any chance of a piccie? He sounds lovely!
                I'll get one on tommorow at the latest Nicos

Comment

Got this pic of him having a cuddle with me!

Attached Files

Comment

He does look cute
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Awww - lovely bunny! I have to linger by the bunny pens at Pets at Home!
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                        Awww - lovely bunny! I have to linger by the bunny pens at Pets at Home!
                        I do as well, I love them, so cute.
                        DottyR

Comment

Aww...he's really lovely!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

If you have a male rabbit don't get another male, they will fight! Guinea Pigs make good companions for rabbits, however we had a male rabbit who lived alone and was perfectly happy- he did get a lot of attention and was allowed to run around the living room for a while each day in winter ( and never left any mess). He and our kitten became friends and would lie together in the shade on a hot day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Artychoke View Post
                              If you have a male rabbit don't get another male, they will fight! Guinea Pigs make good companions for rabbits, however we had a male rabbit who lived alone and was perfectly happy- he did get a lot of attention and was allowed to run around the living room for a while each day in winter ( and never left any mess). He and our kitten became friends and would lie together in the shade on a hot day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app
                              He seems to be getting braver by the day, and he really enjoys being allowed to have a run out. I fetch him in every afternoon, have a cuddle, then let him run round the living room. He hops about kicking his legs out with enjoyment! Then the little man decides it's fun to not let me pick him up to put him back in his hutch. It's quite funny seeing him sprint about as if to say "you've no chance mate!" Today will be the first day that I'm gonna let him have a run about in the garden, I think he's gonna enjoy it!

Comment

Oh dear, sounds like he's won you over properly

Hope he's easy enough to catch in the garden. People who used to mind the boys when they were little, had rabbits. They were always getting out and everyone would spend hours trying to find them, and then catch them.
                                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X