Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

responsibilities of allotment commitee?

Hi
    Hope im placing this question in the right place...I'm new to the site!
    I had a problem with a fellow gardener at my allotment - threats of violence were used towards me.
    I decided to go to committee, council and considered the police... the committee said it was nothing to do with them, council didn't want to get involved until I mentioned I knew of another fret had been made to someone else by the person who threatened us. I suggested council investigate if not I'd take it to local paper..they are currently supposedly investigating but haven't made attempts to speak to witness's ...people are speculating nothing will happen.... ive been told nothing ever happens.
    my question is ... I reported this to the committee and was told it was nothing to do with them? then one of the members of the committee admitted he too had been threated by individual - this was said in front of chairman and still nothing. Is it unreasonable to think the committee should get involved??
    many thanks

Comment

Threat of violence isn't a matter for the committee or the council - at least not in the first instance.
      It *is* a matter for the police.

Having said that - as a member of our committee we would take that very seriously and if the threats had been witnessed by other people I believe we would act to remove the person from the allotment.
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X