Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone having trouble with their runner beans?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a lot of flowers and they are doing really well started to get small beans forming. Its my first year, and only one plant with blackfly. Been feedling with chicken pellets. So far really pleased!

Comment

Heyup, Not all my news is bad then, I've had several meals from my runners, no fancy treatment just a plastic trough and John Innes. Thank goodness they were too far on to go to the allotment when I got it! I feel that would have been a different story! Mind I did buy them some growmore this morning for being good little plants.
      Derbyshire born Derbyshire bred & I'm not thick int'arm ort'ead!

Comment

....and there was I thinking it was just my runner beans that are pants this year. SO slow to get going.. I was thinking that maybe I didn't lime the soil enough?!?

Comment

YES!!!!! Got my first picking of runner beans this evening and now eating them with butter and black pepper - heaven. Yes, it has been a struggle, but last year I was complaining about not enough rain and blackfly. This year they have been slow to develop, but so far no blackfly and we have had more than enough rain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X