X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iGrow View Post
    Classic!
    Open mouth - insert foot...
    What does that mean? I would like to know why not use the garden,saves money on getting a plot!

Comment

Don't bite Jane.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Classic!
        I've no idea what you're trying to say? Perhaps you could explain.........

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
          You say that you are thinking of getting an allotment. Have you any actually applied for one or have land you can use? Depending on where you are you might find that there is a wait of several years, or even a lifetime in London! Even if you are thinking of applying for one, get on and apply to get in the queue, then even if you decide when your name comes up that it isn't for you, you can decline.
          a good friend of mine is offering us to take over hers if we want to so its already sorted

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
            Why not use part of your daughters new huge overgrown garden?
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...elp_88087.html
            and thanks junglejane but that isnt what she wants in her garden. having an allotment will be our place to get away to and have some lovely mother - daughter time, rather than just sitting in her garden..

Comment

Originally posted by celiagrows View Post
              a good friend of mine is offering us to take over hers if we want to so its already sorted
              Without knowing any other details, personally I'd check that's possible first. If they are retaining the plot and subletting to you, that could be breaking the terms of the tenancy. Normally someone giving up their plot would mean the Council/Association allocate it to the next person on the list. If there's no waiting list, you're very lucky!
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

This is just the type of thing that our local council have recently cracked down on. There's isn't much of a waiting list now

Comment

As suggested above you may need to seek permission first, on our site you have to have been registered as a co worker for 12 months before the tenancy can be transferred.

That said, I wish you luck in your pursuit

Comment

Classic!
                    ????????? Really ?????????

Comment

I would just echo what Sparrow has said. Check this is permissible first.

Comment

If there is a waiting list,you could use the garden still. I use my garden,patio pots,beans on bamboo teepees,it all blends into the shrubbery & the plants are beautiful you can mix them amongst flowers such as marigolds. I like a garden with plants,fruit & veg flowers are very beneficial for bees in the area too. It's nice picking your sweetcorn & putting it into boil within 3 minutes of preparation,although I've heard some people take a pan of boiling water onto the allotments.

Comment

Originally posted by celiagrows View Post
                          and thanks junglejane but that isnt what she wants in her garden. having an allotment will be our place to get away to and have some lovely mother - daughter time, rather than just sitting in her garden..
                          It takes a lot of time and effort to get a "huge overgrown garden" into shape. I know, I've been trying for years you probably won't be sitting in it just yet. You could spend some lovely mother - daughter time on getting that straight first. You'll also know whether taking on an allotment together is what you both want to do. I know that my garden is plenty enough work for me.

Comment

You could clear a section of the garden at the back and use it for veggies this season while you clear the section in front of it.

As you harvest in the autumn, replace the veggies with whatever you want and repeat as you go down the garden.

By the time you get to the area nearest the house you'll have cleared the weeds and improved the soil and you'll know where the damp/shady/stoney/windy areas all are. The garden your daughter ends up with will be so much the better for it with plants and shrubs in the places they like the best.
                            http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
                              You could clear a section of the garden at the back and use it for veggies this season while you clear the section in front of it.

As you harvest in the autumn, replace the veggies with whatever you want and repeat as you go down the garden.

By the time you get to the area nearest the house you'll have cleared the weeds and improved the soil and you'll know where the damp/shady/stoney/windy areas all are. The garden your daughter ends up with will be so much the better for it with plants and shrubs in the places they like the best.
                              thanks muddled thats not a bad idea, ive checked with the council and theyve said as there isnt a waiting list that its fine to go ahead with taking over the allotment

Comment

That's good to hear. Must be about the only place in the country without a list, although I know ours isn't as long as it was a few years ago.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X