Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacing for Brussels?

Brussel sprouts!

My book says 75cm, the packet says 60cm. Everyone else I can see on our allotments puts all their Brassicas, including brussels, about a foot apart. I'm probably the most inexperienced grower on the site. o

So, how far do you space yours? I've plenty of plants, but not a lot of space...

Spacing may depend on the variety. Early Half tall is 50cms.

Comment

I have edged beds therefore no need for paths between and always grow 6 plants in an area 5' x 4'. They get big so I wouldn't put them any closer but they do fine at that spacing for me.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have failed with brussels sprouts the last 2 years, so this year I am giving them lots of space, down the middle of a bed 4 feet wide, just under 2 feet apart. If it doesn't work I'm never growing them again.
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I grow mind through weed membrane here is the cutting pattern for the sheet.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Cadalot; 05-06-2016, 06:00 AM.
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

I normally space mine at 2 foot apart (60cm) & as Alison said they are quite substantial plants in full swing, so need room to breath.

Also remember to really firm them in well & stake em too as "Wind Rock" is the main culprit for the sprouts to blow!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X