This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allotments in Wakefield

Evening all. My first visit here. I have been on the waiting list for an allotment in Wakefield for 2 years. I am currently using a small portion of a friends allotment to grow some stuff for myself. But it's 6 miles away from my house which I think kind of defeats the object of trying to be a little greener. I have visited a local allotment and there is at least 2 plots that are completely neglected and overgrown, I contacted the council and they just insisted that all plots were in use!

Think I will just have to wait until one does become vacant. At this rate I will be too old to do anything with it.

How old are you now Rich? Go back to the site you like when people are working on there and start chatting. They will probably be a lot more helpful than the council. For example, find out who the site representative is and then get in touch with him/her.

Comment

I'm only 39 but council says at least 5 years before plot available. My nearest site only has 20 plots. A guy who goes in my local pub has a plot there and he said he was waiting for 8 years!!!

Comment

You might find this interesting!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...eld_92501.html

Comment

Another OP who hasn't been back to the Vine since 2012
          Thanks for trying to help, newtonuk

Comment

Are you actually in Wakefield.
            We have a plot in South Kirkby, there are at least 3 unused over grown plots around us.

It's not fair that people are neglecting them, when theres such a waiting list.

Comment

The opening post was made in 2012 Keat and hasn't been back since.

Comment

I never spotted that.

I guess he's top of the list now :-)

Comment

Since I posted my response a year ago, those 3 plots are still vacant, and at least another 2 now.
                  I've no idea what the local council are playing at.
                  They originally told me that there was a waiting list as long as my arm.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X