• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potatoes

I planted potatoes yesterday and will do shallots today

marion

Comment

• haven't been to the plot for a while as it's really rainy so today I started my new years resolution a bit early and tried to get 'lottie organised' so i've started a notebook and am actually writing down what varieties I'm planting. This year I had great success with sweetcorn, squash,cabbage and brussels but can't remember which varieties they were! This year will be different (I HOPE!)

Comment

• I washed loads of pots today in warm water and disinfectant, and also re-potted a strawberry plant which blew over in the strong winds the other day.

Comment

• Dazzler would you like to pop round and wash some of mine? I keep putting the hated job off!
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Cleared a few beds of brassicas that have had their day. Bit of winter weeding. Picked up furniture that had blown over; luckily it hadn't gone into the canal.
            Few more real seeds packets turned up a few days ago so added them to the planning list.
            Should be max 12 weeks now until get an allotment, so just planning what is going where if the worst case scenario happens and we don't get one; although he has promised that we are second on the list.
            Cooked blood red mash [which is few carrots, few beetroot, smallish swede and a potato, all boiled together and mashed up together], very effective and went down well with roast spuds, sausages and onion gravy.

Comment

• Finally finished sorting out my seed box which is now a large seed box plus a shoe box and incorporates 14 types of bean, 8 types of pea (heritage tall varieties), 16 pumpkin and winter squash and more veg than you could shake a stick at.

The large onions, including banana shallots and rose de roscoff are now sown which took a few packets and envelopes out of the equasion.

Comment

• Put 3 bananana shallots and 9 hative de niort shallots in pots to grow on a bit before they are due to be planted out at the Hill.

Sorted out seed box and posted the unwants up for grabs.

Thought about talking nicely to PW for heritage pea seed, but think I'll wait until the HSL seeds come through the post first to see what I have been lucky enough to have a few seeds of.

Comment

• Spent an hour in the tunnel generally tidying everything up and it now looks as though someone loves it. Had intended to sort out the seed tray and get a grip of what I need, but it was still a lovely afternoon so went for a walk instead.
                  ~
                  Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                  ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

• The 'What I Did Today' Archive - 2007

The 'What I Did Today' thread is something of an institution on the Grapevine, having started and been run continuously since 2006. At nearly 7 years old (at the time of writing this) it had grown to over 300 pages, and was becoming difficult to browse. So we have decided to separate the posts into a thread for each year, and put them into the Archive for ease of use, keeping only the current and previous year in the active thread.

This thread is for 'What I Did Today', 2007
                    Last edited by SarzWix; 18-01-2013, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X