Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I did nothing in the gardening line just pounded the keyboard doing the end of year accounts for a friend. Must be mad. Boredom relieved by frequent visits to the Vine and a really good laugh at the jokes. Out with the Chainsaw tomorrow, running out of wood for the wood burners
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Took two more pallets to the lottie and converted my single compost heap into a double! Transferred the compost from the old to the new then had a cup of coffee!
      Suitably refreshed I started re-claiming some of my paths for flowerbeds. Dug over thee sections. Pulled the last of my swedes out and consigned them to my NEW compost bin. Made a lid for my plastic cold frame which I have positioned over a few of my strawberries to get an early crop!

Dug over the area where the swedes had been and hoed my broad beans and one lot of onions.
      Quite pleased with my efforts, but over another cup of coffee, decided I must tidy the shed next time I am at lottie as I nearly set my neck on numerous occasions today
      Repaired a wonky shelf and headed for home, satisfied, buying a bottle of red wine on the way!(medicinal purposes)
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

General tidy of the garden. checked on onions. read up what I should be sowing in next few weeks.

Comment

Finally managed to get my Autumn Bliss Rasps in after months of sitting on the plot. Broke my fork in the process though so had to buy another. Still have summer fruiting rasps to go in so more digging needed!

The joys of a new plot, eh?
          http://www.myspace.com/bayviewplot

Comment

At work all day unfortunately, and contrary to popular belief, quarries can be havens for wildlife especially birds.

Today I watched 3 buzzards playing tag, a greenwoodpecker foraging by a lagoon, a charm of about 70 goldfinches in one of the plantations and best of all the Peregrines are back again, all whilst working.

Twas grand indeed.

Comment

More garden clearing of the flower-beds and the strawberry plants. pruned the fruit trees a little.

Comment

A great day hedgelaying. Feel really satisfied.
                Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

Today I bought my seed potatoes - Charlotte and Red Duke of York. I also bought some packets of seeds to try out a few things for the first time.

This is my first message on this forum - looking forward to being on here quite a bit in the coming year, probably picking your very knowledgable brains.

Ogilvie

Comment

Welcome Ogilvie, post and pick away, somebody will be able to answer any questions.

Comment

Good to welcome you ogilvie. Hope you like it here.
                      Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

Today I took full advantage of the sun and we took down the remenants of the shed and did two trips down the tip. The sunny day meant I coul move the bags relatively soggy-free
                        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Today I smashed my hand against the upright of an old iron framed greenhouse while cutting down a wild rose bush with a sickle. An hour later I was showing the swelling to a doctor at A&E. I now have my two broken fingers strapped together.
                          http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

Ouch! Hope it heals up soon Norm, and isnt too painful!
                            Blessings
                            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                            Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                            Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                            On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Thanks Suzanne, I'm just off to the pub for some pain killers
                              http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

Lol, sounds like a good plan, tho make sure you use the correct hand to administer them, otherwise could be painful!
                                Blessings
                                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X