Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a red gooseberry bush and a thornless blackcurrant bush, I hope to get them planted tomorrow
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Planted the pot grown Christmas tree!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I finally got some seeds into an envelope for the gorgeous Flum (in the post this week chuck) and Kazzi and I spent 4 hours on the plots.

Kazzi cleared out completely the new polytunnel ready for me to fill the raised beds and whilst she was busy I moved 10 blueberries out of the fruit cage along with the underplanted cranberries and swapped their positions with 8 gooseberry bushes. I now have the gooseberries inside the cage safe from birds and the blueberries now all together in three rows outside the cage as the birds leave them alone.

In the midst of all this activity we saw our "site" greenwoodpecker land on a tree beside out plot making me more determined to build a nest box for him. Also, we met some fellow grapes for coffee in our hospitality shed. They have a plot next door but one to one of ours and have made great strides already with their new plot.

Comment

Sowed Onions seeds from Heritage seed list.
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

First sowing of the year, 100 Aquadulce broad beans in Loo roll tubes.
            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

sowed onions ( robinsons mammoth red / white ) and planted the JA's i was given into barrels and alittle weeding to tidy up the beds.
              ---) CARL (----
              ILFRACOMBE
              NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Sowed some onions (Duraldo) in cell trays, also some parsley. Tidied up generally. I can't believe some of you are planting potatoes already. Where do you live? Mine won't go in until early March at least.

Comment

i cant believe how much some of you are doing - i've done some digging - and am clearing space for the rest of the onions that i didn't get in before xmas - wont put pots in until at least March!!!!(havent actually cleared the land for them yet in any case)
                  http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Cleared the remains of the tomato plants from the greenhouse. Do I need to use one of those bomb thingies or not? Hoping to find time to put up the staging and sow some leeks and onions this week.
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

Planted some more tatties yesterday in tubs in the greenhouse and also some (120) aquadulce broad bean in cell trays, moved the poly tunnel and compost bins from my old plot onto the new one and cleaned out one of the greenhouses on the new plot.
                      Last edited by crichmond; 06-01-2008, 11:10 AM.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Yesterday harvested most of veg left in lottie
                        Carrots, Beetroot, purple curly kale, chard & savoy cabbage.
                        Also dug up some JAs (still plenty left)
                        So it's cream of artichoke soup.
                        Still left in ground. Sprouts,winter cauliflower,spinach, garlic, onions(winter)& JAs
                        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

Have got to grips with assembling my dream pressie for Christmas. A Mantis rotovator.
                          Cant wait to get some use of it when soil ready.
                          I could be lucky , lucky , lucky...

Comment

Another fine day here but cold to start with. Today Kazzi was again in the polytunnels prepping for the spring.

I lifted and divided a huge clump of michaelmas daisies and replanted here and there as well as planting an opal dessert plum tree on the new half plot. The last of the cape gooseberries were also picked in the greenhouses and can now be cut back and covered in mulch to keep the worst of the frost off, ready to grow back again in spring.

A huge trug of leeks were pulled and tonight will be incorporated into chicken and leek pies for the freezer.

Comment

I planted:
                              Dahlia Optic Illusion (in pots ready for ground in April)
                              Dahlia My Love (see above)
                              Garlic Wight Christo

Washed and sorted all my seed trays
                              Catalogued all my seeds by sowing month in a box

Oh and checked out Piskie's potential plot
                              Last edited by piskieinboots; 06-01-2008, 04:38 PM.
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Today I rediscovered the Grapevine and spent a happy hour browsing around in a vain attempt to catch up on what I've missed over the past 6 months or so.

Then I dug out last year's garden note book and used it to draw up a very rough and ready plan for this year, and finished the evening by digging out the umpteen boxes and tubs of seed ready to sort through them tomorrow once the girls have gone back to school.
                                Kris

I child-proofed my house, but they still manage to get in.

Muddy Musings - a blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X