Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted out 5 rows of up-to-date Heritage seed list onions from seed.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

• Greenhouse time this evening.

Tonight I have potted on Shirley, bloody butcher, floridity, sungold, French black and rio grand tomatoes. Pricked out lupin, annual lavetera, brussels sprout, little leo sunflower, rudbeckia, devils tongue lettuce and some little gem lettuce. Potted some dahlia and lilly tubers / bulbs and taken som chrysanthemum cuttings.

4 hours and 2 x 80 litre bags of compost later, vino time I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
        Greenhouse time this evening.

Tonight I have potted on Shirley,
        Feels so much better in this pot - thanks very much!!
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

• I recarpeted my paths, putting black plastic on top of new carpet - I defy the weeds to get through that!

And I cleaned out my shed - wish I could start planting, but it's just too cold here.

Comment

• As the postie brought my T&M order today, this evening I've sown a couple of seed of each of Pepper (mini bell mixed), Pepper (tasty grill red f1), Pepper (tasty grill yellow f1) and Tomato (tamina)

Comment

• A lovely chap I know bought me a subscription to a rather good magazine Cheers hunny! Wahey - three goji bushes into the bargain! (see shirley trying to moonwalk)

Pulled more of the daftydils out of the front 'garden', now having a rethink about what to plant. Front garden consists of an eight inch wide bit of earth in the top of the wall - house higher than road. I finally decided the daffs were not pretty enough or long lasting enough to be worth the messy leaves afterwards.
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

• Hope its ok to post here as I'm new at this, but you seem like a friendly bunch!! LOL

Today I sowed brocolli seeds outside- only two small rows as I'm growing in my tiny garden and have put some peppers and chilli seeds on the windowsill along with some coriander which I hope to be able to grow outdoors eventually

Can anyone tell me how I can get only new posts to show on this thread??? Every time I view the thread, I go back to the beginning?? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Novice Gardener View Post
                  Hope its ok to post here as I'm new at this, but you seem like a friendly bunch!! LOL

Today I sowed brocolli seeds outside- only two small rows as I'm growing in my tiny garden and have put some peppers and chilli seeds on the windowsill along with some coriander which I hope to be able to grow outdoors eventually

Can anyone tell me how I can get only new posts to show on this thread??? Every time I view the thread, I go back to the beginning?? Thanks.
                  CLick first unread on the top left!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Took my Tamina, Roma and Shirley tomato seedlings to allotment greenhouse from the propagator. Set up a small parrafin heater under them which burns for 10 days on one filling. Put the Max/min thermometer close to them so I can see if there have been any major temperature dips. Hope the wick is ok on heater as it's been in since last year.
                    Lit the woodburner though it was hardly necessary with the temp showing a healthy 60 deg f inside!
                    Scrounged some glass and what looks to be a frame to hold a large fish tank, should be ok as a greenhouse bench!
                    At last the wind has went down and it was quite pleasant at the lottie! Surprised to see i was the only one there. Watered leeks, onions, chrysanths,Hyacinths, and whatever else neaded watering and pulled a few seed packets out of my stash to see what need planting next. MUST get my parsnips in!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Got the pressure washer out and discoverd that my round patio is honey coloured! Sowed some more seeds for the cutting garden and potted on sunflowers and annual lupins. Put some new parsnips to germinate on kitchen roll.
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• sowed purple sprouting broccoli and summer sprouting broccoli in seed trays indoors. started parsnip seeds off (damp kitchen towel/placcy bag method).

and used a hacksaw to cut the padlock off my new lottie's shed door... found a heap of crap inside but also a strimmer, fork, spade and some other bits n bobs!

Comment

• planted on my germinated parsnip seeds into compost and crossed my fingers and hoped.

looked outside at the rain and sighed...

Comment

• Well I'd seen on here peeps talking about sowing seeds on kitchen paper, so today I tried some peppers and some chillis. Checked outdoors and I've got 13 garlic that've now sprouted and 3 shallots. No sign of my spuds, artichoke or spring onions yet though.

Comment

• Thats great to hear NG.

A tip I took on board from an experienced gardener concerning garlic was to plant them into pots about Oct/Nov time then let them grow on to about early March.

Then transplant them into their permanent bed.

Below are a couple of photos of the garlic I am growing this year. The second photo was taken last week.

It`s always best to get the garlic that is specially developed for growing in the UK.

Pippin

"Growing For Gold"

Comment

• my bunching salad onions are breaking the surface in outside trough. red karmen onions and red sun shallots are shooting in there raised beds.
                                my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X