Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I potted on 11 Tiger Tom seedlings (from the HSL) 5 Bla and ck Krim seedlings (from Phreddy) 3 California Wonder peppers (from Hazel) - can't believe I STILL spend so much on seeds too!
    Put a few things outside to harden off in the day. Was hoping to get to the semi-plot this aft but the weather looks iffy again and the ground is soaking. Made Oat bread and a big pan of Chilli - comfort food weather!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• repotted very rootbound lavender (n.b. to self, stick to plastic pots as you cant squeeze terracotta pots to ease out roots). Spawn of satan wanted to help (very rare moment) so made him dig over the soil ready for the fruit bushes and some wild flowers, then we sowed pumpkin, nasturtium, and teddy bear, giant yellow and elite sunflowers. I watched amused as an 9 year old and a 34 year old (hes new to it all bless him ) got all excited as the sweetcorn and runner seedlings have sprouted, for which every couple of hours they insisted they have grown at least a mill . my moms insisted i grow some gourds this year so orf to the garden centre to get them along with compost i need. got to finish edging my veg boarder snows putting me orf though, im thinking if i concentrate enough it will do it itself

Comment

• planted out greenhouse grown brassicas ,
        8 brussels ( maximus )
        3 summer cabbages ( primo 2)
        3 cauli ( autumn giant )
        3 red cabbage (red drumhead )
        3 chinese cabbages

and 128 onion sets

Just finishing the last part of my new raised bed and greenhouse base plus paths so will be posting pictures soon.
        ---) CARL (----
        ILFRACOMBE
        NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

• OK. Yesterday, I sowed seeds of Coriander, Sweet Marjoram, Spinach, Lambs Lettuce, Parsley, Sorrel, more salad leaves, and more salad leaves. And I had just the most amazing time in my Little Girls Greenhouse, listening to the radio, sowing all of that, and soaking up every gorgeous sunbeam that was going for free.... If none of it germinates, I still had a great time....! You?

Comment

• Went to our local Lidl and found they had reduced the price of a bunch of soft fruit - got a blueberry and blackcurrant both with lovely new growth on, and 24 strawberry plants all for nine quid!!! Bargain. The strawbs are in flower too so they are off to the greenhouse for now until I get a growbag or hanging baskets for them.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

• Just sown a load of seeds in cell trays.

Flowers

15 cells Esperanza - Yellow Bells
              15 cells Sweet Pea - Old Spice mixed
              5 cells Nepeta Transcaucasica - Blue Infinity
              48 cells Morning Glory - Heavenly Blue
              12 cells Petunia - Pink Lady
              60 cells Petunia - Balcony Choice mixed
              120 cells Alyssum - Snow Cloth

Veggies

6 seeds Millefleur Yellow vine tomato
              6 seeds Greek Domata tomato
              6 seeds Enourmouse Plum tomato
              2 seeds Watermelon Garrisonian
              2 seeds Watermelon Crimson Sweet
              2 seeds Watermelon Mountain Hoosier

Cheers Chris

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

• What I did today, I tidied up my greenhouse and planted some more seeds, Cauliflower 'All Year Round'- Cabbage 'Greyhound'- Summer Cabbage 'Golden Acre- Beetroot 'Boltardy'- Leek 'Musselburgh'- Carrot 'Early Nantes 5'- Parsnips- Pea 'Ambassador'.
                Went down to the allotment and started at long last on plot 41, Started putting up the fence and came home got a nice long soak in the bath and now having a bottle of wine, my friends who helped me today are also coming up tonight to join me for a wine & curry night.
                I have some great mates, wouldn’t be without them.

Allotment Before

Allotment Today

Still got loads to do but thats another day
                Last edited by gardenplot; 24-03-2008, 04:28 PM.
                Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

• Put in two more raised beds at the allotment while dodging the rain, snow and hail. Sowed 2nd batch of Peas in rootrainers, started germinating some carrots and parsnips. Threw out very leggy Tomato plant and freshened up my two yellow pepper plants.

Alas, didn't manage to achieve anywhere near what I wanted to this week, but c'est la vie.
                  Last edited by esrikandan; 24-03-2008, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Went down to the allotment and started at long last on plot 41, Started putting up the fence and came home got a nice long soak in the bath and now having a bottle of wine, my friends who helped me today are also coming up tonight to join me for a wine & curry night.

WOW all for a curry and wine they wanna come and do mine

Comment

• Originally posted by areia View Post
                      Went down to the allotment and started at long last on plot 41, Started putting up the fence and came home got a nice long soak in the bath and now having a bottle of wine, my friends who helped me today are also coming up tonight to join me for a wine & curry night.

WOW all for a curry and wine they wanna come and do mine
                      Will ask them when mines all done
                      Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

• Dug my first bed at the lottie - light sandy soil so not hard work but it started snowing so came home early. My next day off is thursday, hopefully the weather will improve by then!

Comment

• Couldnt resist planting some more seeds.

6 seeds of each type of tomato:

Full Flavour Paste
                          Jumbo Roma
                          Plum Lemon
                          Victoria
                          Red Beefsteak

cheers Chris

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

• Harvested baby Rocket, Spinach & Lettuce Leaves from my Little Girls Greenhouse.
                            Now going to cook Trousers' Dinner:
                            Goats Cheese Filo Parcels, with above, and home 'sundried tomatoes', and honestly, I GIVE UP?! Pickled Trousers again....!

Comment

• Ingenuity is the name of the game for allotment holders.

Today I managed to make a paraffin fired propagator in the greenhouse from an old polythene covered cheapie greenhouse, some aluminium sheets, a cowl off a paraffin heater and various bits of pespex etc. Sounds a bit like a Blue Peter project doesn't it............now where did I put that sticky backed plastic??

Another bloke close to me is building a polytunnel with industrial grade clingfilm (the kind they wqrap pallets with). Sounds daft but I believe it will work and it will be double glased as well!
                              Early start tomorrow as I have a week off work and loads to do at the allotment!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• So Exciting

Have just checked my raised bed. This is its first year. Its only 10 foot by 3 foot and its the only space | have to grow veg. But wonders of wonders, had a look and my spring onions, red onions, chard, and beetroot are just poking through and my Broad Beans are about 3-4 inches and look really healthy:
                                Have some spuds just poking through in compost bag so off to find some fleece. Parsley and salad leaves doing nicely in cold greenhouse so very excited. One question tho'. I sowed loads of tomato seeds around beg. of March. Have kept them on sunny window sill but only 2x Ildi and 2x Marmande have grown. They are doing very well but nothing at all from the others. Should I hang on and be patient, or do you think I was a bit early and should perhaps sow some more now? Bit sad, OH bought me some "black pineapple" seeds for Xmas. There were only 5 and I sowed them all but they haven't germinated Its only my 2nd year growing veg so lots of lessons to be learned I feel
                                Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X