Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday was "big greenhouse assembly day". Its now all up and glazed and justs needs the beds digging over and some tittivating to be going on with.

Comment

• what i did today

I spurned the housework in favour of spring cleaning my greenhouse, threw away loads of things i thought i needed but did not, swept up a ton of compost from the floor and cleaned out all my pots. had to move all the plants outside but they got watered by the rain

Comment

• I spread a bit more 'Weed, Feed & Mosskiller' onto The Happy Couple's lawn about lunchtime, to fill in the green gaps between where we did it Monday that's turned black already. Very satisfying.

Back at home, and in the warmth of The Little Girls Greenhouse, I pricked out Coriander, Bulls Blood Beetroot, Red Lettuce, Little Gem Lettuce, all for Cut & Come Again Salad Leaf production line. I am DETERMINED not to spend a single penny on Salad Leaves this year at all......!

Also pricked out a few maroon coloured Sunflower seedlings for the pretty garden (for the Slugs'n'Snails more like, if last year is anything to go by!)

Thank you for listening

Comment

• Last night, Madmax helped me plant out the Alderman peas under pop bottle cloches - they were just getting too big to stay in the greenhouse any longer. Not much else achieved lately sadly, been chaotic here!
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

• yesterday I put in more onions 'turbo', set some carrots 'autumn something', set a second row of 'charlotte's' and set some 'tender and true' parsnip.I risked leaving my toms and aubergines out in the greenhouse in a polytunnel with parrafin heater, temp dropped to 10 degs and damaged my poor babies, some beyond repair boo hoo.
            today was at work in foul mood, still i have glass of vino now and set to plant my chitted sweetcorn seed saved from last year.

Comment

• Went to the allotment but it was chucking it down with rain all evening! Stayed in greenhouse, lit the stove, watered the plants and picked a few leeks for broth before heading for home!
              Hopefully it will have stopped raining by tomorrow and I will be able to get a bit of work done on the plot!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Been off work for a week now but didn't get into the garden proper till two days ago.Day one seen me cleaning out the polytunel and washing it all down with ***** fluid and digging in some dung.Day two and I cleaned all my tools and pots and things in ***** fluid.D ay three, today,seen me clean all my paths and batons for my raised beds. Whole house now honks of ***** fluidand now after a glass or two of wine I have joined this forum.So hello. Tizzy

Comment

• Broke the greenhouse, killed some tomato seedlings, and planted some carrot, aubergine and calabrese seeds.

I guess it evens out in the end...

Comment

• Yesterday - petunia plug plants arrived so were potted on. Greenhouse now really IS full!

Beginning to worry about the snowball caulis - sowed 3 varieties at the same time and the other two are germinating. No sign of the snowballs yet.
                    You are a child of the universe,
                    no less than the trees and the stars;
                    you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

• WANT to go sowing seed and tidying up but my hubby is taking us to mother in laws......................................................need i say more?
                      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

• so far today (!)....have sown some Nicotiana White Cloud outside, fingers crossed, but if no success, have some indoors. sowed some more mizuna and spicy salad leaves, tidied up the garden a bit, weeding etc. Last night more productive, sowed some more chilli seeds, way tooooo many, and the squash seeds that Grapes sent me from the Seed Swap forum. Just a spit of rain here today...so came inside for 10mins...away out again!
                        "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

• Was having a really good session today, feeding and Top Dressing my pot grown Wisteria, planting onion sets and generally tidying up when all of a sudden the sky went black and a torrential downpour is now taking place, so hence I've retreated in here until it passes when I hope to get some potatoes into tubs.
                          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
                          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

• Today worked inside - too many hail showers (although sunny again now). Sowed basil (red and green), sweetcorn, PSB, red cabbage, butternut squash and pricked out marconi rosso peppers in ghouse. Sowed spring onions and stumpy carrots (Parmex) in tunnel.

Yesterday - pricked out last lot of toms (Broad Ripple Yellow Currant) - 5 varieties is enough for this year!

If rain holds off, will get some turnips and rocket under a fleece cloche later.
                            Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

• Well had a quick look round today and

the garlic are up
                              the peas I put in last saturday that got snowed on still seem to be alive
                              the broad beans I put in last saturday are all snug in their fleece cloche
                              the shallots i put in a few weeks ago are coming up
                              the spinach i planted outside is surviving
                              the onions I put in the ground are surviving only one dug up by the cats and that had roots on so just replanted it and have now put in some cat repellant rods in the ground to keep my little b*****s off them.
                              also potatoes doing well in their potato pots - will need to buy in some more compost in a couple of weeks I think.

Comment

• Today I have repaired and re-hung my kitchen to utility room door (chewed by the dog & been in garage for nearly 6 months waiting for useless OH to sort it out). Well chuffed wi meself
                                Then re-potted 20 tomato plants - Shirley, San Marzano, Rio Grande & Amish Paste. And sown peas - Gladstone & Carruthers Purple Podded, and beans Delinel, Brightstone & Borlotti.
                                Also shouted at the kids, did some washing, shouted at the kids some more & ordered Domino's...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X