Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to the plot for lunchtime today (needed a lie in), and had a fire to burn some of the cleared waste, then cleared about a third of the paths on plot 1 and barked them up between us! Mr D also cleared the smaller greenhouse, the one on plot 1!

Tomorrow he is down the plot clearing more beds whilst I'm at a Managers Meeting, I know where I'd rather be!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• Finally managed to get to the lottie for more than a few minutes!! Picked swiss chard. Cleared more of the summer PSB which is going seedy and covered in whitefly! Chopped up and put into the Daleks. Started weeding and digging the ground where the courgettes, sweetcorn and onions were, and generally tidying up. Damp and cold so came home after a few hours. Good progress made, though.

Comment

• At last found time to spend at the lottie hadnt been for a couple of weeks except to take a peek to make sure all was ok. Sorted out the herb bit weeded and put in some soil conditioner threw some plants away cut down others. Some manure had been delivered so helped myself to two barrow loads for starters and spread this over the bit where my potatoes will go next year. Found it hard going so came home 1pm ish. Still lots to do but need some more good weather but rain is forcast for the weekend.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

• Picked the last of the runner beans (using the beans only for drying and for soups) a handfull of small beetroot and some more khol rabbi. Oh and my first celeriac. Yum
          "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

• Spent some time in the garden of the house!! Cleared the dead sweet peas and morning glory from the trellis. Cleared the border in front of trellis, dug over and planted wallflowers and myosotis. Collected sweet pea seeds from dead plants and now soaking overnight ready to sow tomorrow.

Comment

• dug over some more of the lawn inbetween emailing on Tricky's behalf, and then enjoyed a lovely ommlette with the last of my green peppers in it.
              Vive Le Revolution!!!
              'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
              Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

• pickled our jalepenos, made two baked cheese cakes for bobs bday on sat, one blackcurrant and raspberry (frozen over the summer) and one lemon.
                Yo an' Bob
                Walk lightly on the earth
                take only what you need
                give all you can
                and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

• Managed to get a few more hours in at the lottie amid the sunshine and showers. Finished digging the bit where the spuds will go next year and covered it in manure.
                  Started weeding my fruit bed and cut a few raspberry canes, need to sort out the blackcurrants, gooseberry, blackberry and loganberry and find the rhubarb it seems to have dissapeared yet it still had leaves last time I looked. Got three more rhubarb to put in, one temperly and two strawberry.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

• What I did today

There is a small bed-cum-odd corner of my allotment plot in which I always planned to grow herbs and 'minor' crops like garlic. That was about three summers ago, there always seemed to be other things to do first. It was sunny and reasonably warm today , so I finally got to work on it; dug it over, weeded, added compost and so on. We have herbs in various pots and borders at home and on the allotment; over the next couple of weeks I will get them together, man, as we used to say years ago. I will also put in garlic, so it is

Comment

• racked another 3 gallons of wine, thats about it sorry nothing to see here, move on please
                      Vive Le Revolution!!!
                      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

• Went lottie this afternoon in between the showers. Cleared more PSB for the Daleks. Too wet to dig. Did a bit of weeding. Came home and did more of the back garden.

Comment

• Wasn't up to much as I still have this chesty cough thing ... but I cut back the lobelia (it's still flowering) and put some white violas in the pots and baskets.
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Dug up yet more couch grass from my newly acquired lottie. Seems to be tonnes of it . Hoping for a spell of dry weather to dry it all out ready to burn . Ordered a load of manure. Will hopefully get that down soon on cleared areas, so they will be ready for some broad beans.

Comment

• Ok, still to earily to have done anything (I'm on a week off, and still on my first cup of tea of the day ) but my plan is to sow some root crops, including garlic, possibly start off a mustroom kit and edit my butter making film ready to go on t'inernet tonight.
                              www.alifelesssimple.wordpress.com Up-dated Regularly

Biodynamic grower in training

Comment

• Composted the finished and frost-bitten courgettes and runner beans, stowed away the canes, tidied up the cabbages, dug the plot over, and stabbed my big toe with the fork. Whilst digging I found some more red onions which I'd missed before, plus a few more potatoes. This year was the first time I'd tried growing onions and although they didn't get very big they are sweet and delicious and shop-bought onions will never taste the same.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X