Apple Tree Problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Tree Problem

Our Apple tree is many years old but last year it started to go brown on some branches, like it had been in a fire. We cut those bits off and got apples so thought all was fine. This year the tree has been in full blossom and looked beautiful but now the branches have started to go brown again. I have got pictures of it but don't know how to attach them from my iPad. Any idea what the problem is and how to rectify it?

Sounds like a fungus infection - feed the tree by clearing any grass/weeds around it as far out as the branches go, then put on a mulch of FYM - a healthy tree is more able to look after itself.

I believe you need to get a few more posts in your name before you can load photos on here.

Comment

Welcome Maisie, you will have to make more posts before you can post any photos, regarding you tree, old trees can and do have bits of die back, so it may not be terminal, but the advice above is a great way to start.

Comment

Apple tree problem

Thank you very much for your suggestion

Comment

By the sounds of it, it's probably fire blight.
          https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=160

Comment

Originally posted by Maisie149 View Post
            Thank you very much for your suggestion
            You're very welcome - when you do get your number of posts up and if you are then still concerned about your tree, pleas post some photos and we will try to suggest what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by ameno View Post
              By the sounds of it, it's probably fire blight.
              https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=160
              Hello,
              Have looked up fire blight and that is exactly what it looks like. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X