No announcement yet.

Has anyone grown a Coffee plant?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I decided I was going to buy the coffee ones, then decided I wasn't... then I decided I was definitely going for it after all, and went to L1dl on the way home. They had the bananas and a shed load of strawberry and very healthy tumbling toms, but no lemons and no coffee plants So I bought chicken breasts and reduced price bread lol I know how to live.
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
      Interesting link Sariss. I've had a coffee plant as a houseplant for the past 10-15 years. Never had any flowers or fruit in that time! Maybe just me of course. I heard Bob Flowerdew say years ago that it was good for a shady spot, and so it has been. He didn't expect to get coffee beans from it.

It's an attractive evergreen, cut it back a bit ago, now about 2 feet tall. It's not lovely, but I like it because it's interesting, it does well, and I've never known anyone else who had one. I'd post a photo but my IT skills aren't up to it.....
      Last edited by Babru; 31-05-2019, 06:41 AM.
      Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
        Well I decided I was going to buy the coffee ones, then decided I wasn't... then I decided I was definitely going for it after all, and went to L1dl on the way home. They had the bananas and a shed load of strawberry and very healthy tumbling toms, but no lemons and no coffee plants So I bought chicken breasts and reduced price bread lol I know how to live.
        Same here. I went to buy a lemon and a coffee plant, and all they had was strawberry, tomato, and banana plants. Also saw olive plants, but none of them were what I had gone there for, so came back empty-handed.

Well, not really. We bought a lot of chocolate (not for ourselves!) and a tiny pack of this sriracha-flavoured snack.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X