No announcement yet.

Pyrifolia Nashi or Asian Pear

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mother in law is on holiday at the moment & the tree is still in a pot at her house so i can't even tell you from the label but i do know that she got it from a nursery in Newark - hope this helps.
    Last edited by Newbie; 21-01-2008, 09:25 AM.
    Jane,
    keen but (slightly less) clueless
    http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Nashi pear

I've been searching for what i have been told buy another plot holder is a nashi pear, trouble is as the plot the tree is on was vacant and we all enjoyed the fruit, the plot is now taken and we can no longer indulge It didn't taste a thing like the asian pears in the shop, looking very much like a russet apple (brown, rough skin and very round fruit) but definately pear inside. The sweetest juiciest thing on earth! The last asian pear i bought in a shop was revolting and nothing like the fruit i picked.

I found out that the online nursery I shop at has Asian Pear Tree 'Nijisseiki' although it does say that it needs another pollinator tree. They also sell 'Hosui' and 'kosui' (i think it is one of these that I am after - they look the same, just don't know which one!) They are £19.95 (discount for more than 3)

Hope this helps!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X