Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clementines - are they likely to produce fruit ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clementines - are they likely to produce fruit ?

Hi all,

I planted some Clementine pips the other week. As far as I was aware - Clementines don't have pips.
    My pips have grown (!?)
    1/ Although I bought the fruit as 'Clementines' - I s'pose they could have been anything.
    2/ If they are Clementines,,,,, and are s'posed to be pipless,,,, are these seedlings likely to fruit at some point ?

-----::-----
    These pips are ones that I left to dry for a few days after eating the fruit.
    I also dried some on a heater & popped some in the fridge for a few days - to see which - if any - method is best.
    so far, only these ones have taken.
    I have about 6 of them.

cheers all
    -----::-----

Anyone know what the Mango stone kernal tastes like ?
    I have just planted my first one,,,, but when I took it out of the shell, the white flesh looked great,,,, a bit like coconut !
    As I only bought the fruit to plant the stone I didn't want to take a chunk out of the side !
    try it once,,,,, you might like it !

They may do but I guess it will be a long term project. My son has saved some pips from a Lemon but hasn't planted them yet.

As to Mango stone, I wouldn't risk it as some kernels have a bitter taste and some er moving characteristics
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

I've got 2 'clementine' plants grown from seed. They're about a foot and a half high after 2 years or so, but they have lots of spines on the leaves and branches - v. interesting. No flowers yet, so think they'll be a long-term project...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X