strawberry help please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strawberry help please

hey ive just started growing strawberries for the first time and some of the leaves keep going floppy and discoloured, can anyone help me out with some tips or advice.thanks

Hi
    Can you post a bit more: are they indoors or out, what are you growing them in/on; are they from seed/a nursery/garden centre/someone's runners etc. What so you mean discoloured?

Comment

well there are two runners in one 10" pot, they are both well watered, but the leaf steams have just collepsed, dose that happen often with them? they have been indoors for two weeks, and in the past few days they have been out in the daytime, and i was planning on leaving them out for the night for the this week.
      But have been wilting for the last three weeks.

and help would grateful. Cheers John

Comment

I'm stumped. I don't know what the problem is, but my strawbs have never been any problem, and this is what I do (not much really, they're rather neglected):
        • they are outside, not inside
        • They are not over-watered - if anything, kept a bit dry
        • protected from slugs and blackbirds
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

maybe they are getting too much water then?

Comment

Too warm possibly; strawbs are pretty resilient.

My thoughts echo Two_sheds.

I'd chop off the affected parts, and just leave them outside. They might recover. If the compost does dry out, then water but otherwise don't.

With any luck, they will recover but I've not had that before.

Comment

hi my mum thinks it might be over watered? I'm not 100% sure but i think she might be right

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X