Anyone Strawberry's flowering?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Strawberry's flowering?

I've just noticed that there are few buds forming in the centre (the crown bit?) of some of my strawberry plants (Honeoye, early season variety). However the plants themselves aren't the big i.e that there aren't that many leaves (not lush) although I did remove old brownish leaves from them earlier this year. I just don't know what to expect from now as it's my first 'proper' strawberry. Would it be too early to feed them with potash or tomato liquid feed?
    Last edited by veg4681; 01-04-2008, 10:15 AM.
    Food for Free

I had one flower on mine at the beginning of March, but it was obviously just a really stupid plant who couldn't wait, there's no sign of any serious attempts yet
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I bought a load of strawberry plants from Lidl last week as they were reduced to !.49 for a tray of 6. They are all flowering happily, sitting in the greenhouse as I thought it might be a bit chilly for them outdoors still.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

The ones in the greenhouse are.

All my strawberries are in containers should I feed them ?

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
          I bought a load of strawberry plants from Lidl last week as they were reduced to !.49 for a tray of 6. They are all flowering happily, sitting in the greenhouse as I thought it might be a bit chilly for them outdoors still.
          Gosh what a fantastic bargain and to be doing so well just from last week!!! Mine bought from Wilko (3 for £1.50) last year took ages to turn into plants . Are they Pegasus?
          Food for Free

Comment

It doesn't say anywhere what type they are. They were in flower when I spotted them, that's mostly why I bought them - didn't see how I could go far wrong!! Hoping that by keeping them in the greenhouse, we might get to enjoy some!
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
              It doesn't say anywhere what type they are. They were in flower when I spotted them, that's mostly why I bought them - didn't see how I could go far wrong!! Hoping that by keeping them in the greenhouse, we might get to enjoy some!
              Oh that explains then, they were already flowering . So it must be Aldi's strawberry, some Grape said it's Pegasus.

Mine were in the greenhouse too but I had to remove them sometime last month (lack of space) and have covered them over with fleece, hopefully that'll warm them up for early harvest. They're doing fine, if not better outside. Just watch out for signs of vine weevils infestation, fingers crossed here.
              Last edited by veg4681; 01-04-2008, 11:26 AM.
              Food for Free

Comment

My pegasus are flowering but the tohers in the gorund on the lottie are just starting to peek through the straw, waking up from their deep sleep lol.
                Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Those I brought into the tunnel are just showing the white of their flowers. A pot in the ghouse is much further on, but not actually out yet. Those in the wet ground are still sulking
                  Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

One of my alpines (don't ike the fruit but the hens do) is flowering, the others (for me) are growing away and I'm quietly confident.
                    best wishes
                    Sue

Comment

my strawberrys are flowering too, and they are outside, is it tomato feed that you feed them with? some are in a hanging basket and some are in pots, i dont know what kind they are, but looking really healthy, so far.

Comment

Mine live outside all year and are flowering like mad. Shame I can't stop the GSD jumping all over them every time we open the front door! " get of the ***** strawberries!"

Comment

my alpine strawbs are flowering and a couple of my cambridge favorites

Comment

All mine in the greenhouse for early crops are on floer of have vmini fruits already. My son is VERY excited as last year he ate them all!
                            The outdoor ones are not in flower yet.

Comment

My Alpine strawberries have been flowering for about a week. Some of my regular strawberries have a few flowers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X