When to plant?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to plant?

I am very eager to plant things now so that the sooner i plant, the sooner i can eat!!

I would like to know when to plant things like kitchen veg....carrots, cabbage, onions. the fruit....i know will take longer but i just rly do not know where to look to find the answers in black and white. i did think that i could plant anything at any time as the seasons are not exactly when they are supposed to be.

Welcome to the Vine. Most of my kitchen veg has been in the ground for the last couple of weeks. You will be safe enough with most things now. Good luck.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Get yourself a good book. The one that I regularly refer to is "The Vegetable and Herb Expert" by Dr D.G. Hessayon - good basic reference book with details of when to sow, plant, harvest, etc., and just in case, pictures of all the things that can go wrong!!

Also, read the backs of seed packets!
      Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

Hi and welcome!!
        Maybe you could have a look at what you want and then, read the packet instruction or google to determine when... as Alice just said, you are probably safe (from frost in particular!) for most things. Checking the time to harvest can be important as you might be late for some kind of veg if you want to harvest anything!
        but well...give it a go, you never know

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X