Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOJI Plants

Hi,
    I'm thinking of trying a couple of goji plants & been looking around for a supplier.
    ((I'm in West Cornwall - so not much hope in finding them locally ?!"))

I see that T&M are doing an *** Offer *** but I can't seem to find details on their site:
    a) Can anyone help please ?

I do see that they have Offer Codes on their catalogue,,,, but I havn't had one for about 3 years now !
    b) Does anyone have such a code that they can pass on please ?

-----::-----

I have just planted a couple of passion fruit pips (fresh). Anyone know how to grow/look after these plants please ?
    I have a couple more pips that I am leaving to dry before planting - as I don't know whether to plant them fresh or dried - thought i'd try both !

Am looking forward to a bit of home grown passion !!

cheers all
    try it once,,,,, you might like it !

Hi Furkin
    sorry , can't help with the Goji berry code.
    Your passion flower plants should germinate ok and are relatively easy to grow as a climbing plant, but will need to be in a greenhouse/conservatory to produce fruit.
    Regards
    Richard

Comment

Hi Furkin the code is ALS3720 for 1 @£6.49 or ALS3739 for 3 @ £9.99
      I was supposed to get 3 for subscribing to magazine but they sent blueberry instead so they may not have any at moment but worth checking - Good luck

Comment

RICHARD: Thanks for that. I might give it a miss then - I don't have a greenhouse,,,,, mind you - we do grow some exotica here in Cornwall ?!?!
        Should the pips be planted fresh or dried ?

FLEUR: Many thanks for that. I tried to go for the three,,,, but although they seem to have them in stock, the 'code' "isn't recognized" i'm afraid !

I dropped them a line yesterday morning asking about their offers, but no reply - yet.

I hate to ask again - but - are there any more codes out there pleeeeese ?
        Last edited by Furkin; 17-05-2008, 01:29 PM.

Comment

We get plenty of fruit off our passiflora careuella. The pips you've got should be p. edulis. Generally they are slightly less hardy, but plently of people get good crops of fruit in the U.K. Best outdoors to avoid red spider mite, i'd say. They do well in NZ, which has a similar climate to ours... so be confident.

Comment

Thanks Simon,

Yep - decided to give it a go anyway.

It's costing nothing,,,,,, so nothing to lose eh ?

I don't know what breed they are,,,,, my Son brought them home for me !

cheers

Comment

Victoriana nursery does goji berry as a pot grown plant and can be ordered on line. I also recieved a blueberry from T&M instead of goji berry, I did also recieve goji berry which I had ordered last Oct. Seems as though everyone wants goji berries. Good luck with your search for one.

Ian

Comment

i got mine from Blackmore 2 for £10 over a year old plants so fully hardy they where really healthy and are doing well there delivery charges are really good, they have a big range of fruit plants,bushes and trees, there based in herefordshire. i got a gorgeous japenese wine berry bush of them and about 120 ish other plants all are healthy and doing well none have died.

Comment

Hi i recently received a Goji Berry plant which i ordered online from Dobies. £12.95 cat.no 48 14 02

AitchEm

Gardening requires a lot of water, most of it in the form of perspiration

Comment

Can't believe how quickly my 3 bare rooted plants from T&M have grown. They were planted up into 2lt pots the day I got them and they have already filled the pot with strong looking roots (only about 3 weeks). Anyone know if you get a crop in the first year.

Ian

Comment

T&M checked to see if they had any offers on,,,,, but tell me that they are now out of Goji's untill the end of the year,,, boo hoo.

GOJIBERRY:
                      You'll be very lucky. The general blurb is that they don't fruit until their 4th year,,,,, but I know of several that fruited in the 3rd year & one after just over 24 months !

There are a few on an auction site - but i've been put off that for plants,,, as 99% of stuff that I bought (if they arrive at all), just gives up.

good luck all
                      Last edited by Furkin; 21-05-2008, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
                        Can't believe how quickly my 3 bare rooted plants from T&M have grown. They were planted up into 2lt pots the day I got them and they have already filled the pot with strong looking roots (only about 3 weeks). Anyone know if you get a crop in the first year.

Ian
                        One of mine is totally dead - anyone know if you can get a replacement when it was a free offer? One is great and the other is a bit poor but alive
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

I understand that there are supply problems with goji berries at the moment - many UK companies buy their stock from Holland, and the Dutch authorities have just discovered that some stock has been illegally (and possibly accidentally) shipped there from China. The UK authorities (DEFRA I think) have in turn restricted some lines of supply.

The concern is that goji is part of the potato & tomato family, so there is a (very small) risk that diseases could pass between the plants. There's no requirement to destroy existing plants though. Indeed they grow wild in some parts of this country.
                          Resistance is fertile

Comment

Thanks for the link Percy: That Blackmore said that they'll gladly 'print' me a Goji tree ! (tee Hee)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X