pear tree

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pear tree

i have a pear tree and last year we got some pears but they were brick hard and nothing i did would ripen them. im wondering this year if i could boil them and make a crumble? are all pears safe to eat?/

We pick all our pears and leave to ripen on a window..

Comment

some pear varietys take upto 4 weeks to ripen and soften after picking and as madasafish said best done on the window sill, they do work in crumbles i also make the pinapple upside down cake but with pears instaed of the pineapple as i hate pineapple.
      Also dont pull from the tree to early it is ready for picking when you gentley twist it and it comes from the tree easily if its difficult to remove or takes some twisting its not ready. i have conference and william pear trees.

Comment

I lay mine down on newpaper in the conservatory, not touching because that encourages mould & rot- my dad used to do this with our pears & apples when I was little. They do take quite a long time. I don't think I've ever heard of a poisonous pear, but am prepared to be told otherwise!

Comment

What about using them for chutney?? You could use them alone if there are enough or maybe make an apple and pear chutney?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X