Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pear Tree Leaf Issue

Hi guys,

Every five weeks I have used the recommended application of fish blood and bone in order to keep its fertiliser levels topped up due to its smaller size.

I was wondering whether there may be an issue with something else to cause the browning of the leaves on the pear tree?

I have no idea what the variety is or rootstock, although I imagine it is dwarfing as the tree has not grown taller than this in the past five years. It puts on about 1-2 cm of growth per year.

Thanks,

Chris
    Last edited by Garden_Chris; 20-08-2021, 10:27 AM. Reason: Typo from yellow leaves to brown leaves
    Garden Chris

Doesn't look terrible, and the other leaves look healthy - I'd be inclined to leave things be and see how they look next year.

Someone-else may be able to id the issue and give more detailed advice.

Comment

I believe this is likely to be caused by stress, either lack of water or excess nutrient levels in the soil.

Also, you have this growing in a pot, don't you? The fact that it grows only 1-2cm a year is telling. No pear is that dwarfing. They only grow that little when they're growth is being severely restricted by their growing environment. Like your plum, it needs planting into a much larger pot or into the ground.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X