Pruning fruit trees time

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pruning fruit trees time

Just a quick reminder that if you live in the UK, the next few weeks are a good time to do your winter pruning of tree fruit - especially apples.

Info here :- https://www.rhs.org.uk/fruit/apples/winter-pruning

Thank you for the reminder!
    I finally finished my apple pruning yesterday and was really worried that I'd left it too late (again).
    I've completely forgotten to do my pear though!
    Last edited by peanut; 12-03-2022, 11:49 AM.
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Did my winter pruning months ago.
      But I do need to spring prune my apricot and cherry soon. Probably the beginning of April.

Comment

Thanks for reminding us I had a little broken branch on my apple tree,probably from all that wind,I just tidied it up a bit & pruned the grape a bit more while I was out there. It’s good to check them again & I should put some blood fish & bone around them next time I remember,they like that it’s a treat for them

Comment

Thanks for the reminder - I keep looking at my crab apple but have not actually got as far as pruning yet, must do it this week!!
          If it ain't broke...fix it til it is!

Comment

When is the best time to prune plum trees? I did read somewhere that this should not be done in winter and that it should be done sometime during the growing season.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X