Best Manure

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Manure

Good morning peeps....Been surfing the net for best farmyard bags of manure and i am getting different reviews...What have you guys been using and what results have you been getting....thank you and much appreciated peeps.
    Last edited by Strawberry patch; 14-04-2024, 10:30 AM.

We use well rotted organic cow manure.
    After the aminopyralid scare a few years ago, I’m now really cautious about the origins of my straw and manure.

Apart from the herbicides ingested by the animals producing the manure, I now also shy away from horse or donkey poo as I find they introduce more weeds than the better digested cow manure.

Are you able to collect small amounts of well rotted cow manure or are you only looking into bags of ready made compost/ manure?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi Nicos...I am looking for ready made manure thanks

Comment

Most bagged manure sold commercially is actually only about 50% manure, the rest is bulked out with composted green waste, so it's not ideal.

Comment

I use pelleted chicken manure and find them satisfactory for feeding the soil, though not ideal if you are looking for bulk to create an open soil
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
            I use pelleted chicken manure and find them satisfactory for feeding the soil, though not ideal if you are looking for bulk to create an open soil
            The manure is to mulch raspberry plants

Comment

I would suggest hiding with straw with some pelleted manure mixed through it, if you can't guarantee the straw being clear of herbicide use grass clippings mixed with cardboard[ which can be shredded with a lawnmower,the reason for the cardboard is to keep the mulch open, I have found that just mulching with grass causes it to compact and unless good lawn will lead to moss forming

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                I would suggest hiding with straw with some pelleted manure mixed through it, if you can't guarantee the straw being clear of herbicide use grass clippings mixed with cardboard[ which can be shredded with a lawnmower,the reason for the cardboard is to keep the mulch open, I have found that just mulching with grass causes it to compact and unless good lawn will lead to moss forming
                Thank you rary

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry patch View Post

Thank you rary
                  That hiding with straw should read, mulching with straw. Some day I will get the better of this auto correct

Comment

I bought Levington manure from Wickes this year and it seems fine, I've previously bought Westland but this wasn't available this year. I always use bagged manure for mulching (and mixing into some pot grown veggies) along with any homemade compost I might have and a dusting of FBB here and there.
                    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                    Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X