No announcement yet.

Non-folding pruning saws

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree surgeons swear by Silky saws. I have one myself, it flies through branches with very little effort and stays razor sharp if used properly. Yes not cheap but you get what you pay for. Cant recommend them highly enough.

Comment

Quick update now I've taken out the big plum boughs.

Taking the branches off (one about 80-100mm from each of the plums) took a couple of minutes for each tree [undercut, main cut to bring the branch down, final tidying cut] with the Gomtaro and has left nice, clean cuts that look like they'll heal up nicely. Chopping up the brash afterwards has taken considerably longer. So I'm very pleased with my new purchase.

The only downsides are the upfront cost (but you get what you pay for) and the teeth are so sharp they punctured my leather gloves when I slipped slightly at the end of a cut, and left a scratch in my hand. Essentially no blood drawn, but I see why people wear chain mail gloves... as they used to say in Hill Street Blues - "be careful out there".

Comment

Thanks for the update, CH (hope you don't mind the abbreviation). I'll get one for Mr Snoop for his birthday.

Comment

CH it sounds like the saw easily handled the pruning.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X