Redcurrant & Blueberry Plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redcurrant & Blueberry Plants

I bought some redcurrant and blueberry plants when Lidl were selling them cheaply this year. I am embarrassed to admit that I still have 3 of them in the cupboard under the stairs.

Can they still be planted and if so, how and when?

Try scratching the stem of them with a finger nail. If you see any green there then they're still alive, if the wood is dry and grey then you've lost them. If they're OK then get them planted up as soon as possible but preferably after they've had a good drink!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks for that Alison. I've just had a little scratch, the redcurants are still very green, not so sure about the blueberry. Will give them a good soak overnight.
      Last edited by amandaandherveg; 28-12-2008, 10:18 PM.

Comment

mine are in the garden amanda, and they still look dead .... i'm sure they'll start growing eventually.

Comment

I got some blueberry bushes last Spring on offer from Parkers - they took quite quickly and grew quite bushy, hopefully these will go the same way.

I wonder if I could start them off in pots? We'll be moving ate next year and would like to take some of the plants with me if I can.

Comment

I grow both my blueberries in pots as my soil is alkaline and they like it acid. They did quite well last year, their first, so I'm hoping for even better this. Use ericaceous compost and a decent size pot, but keep in mind the need to be able to lift it when you go.
            I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
            Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X