Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi Jenny

Anyone had any experience with Kiwis?
    I'm thinking of having a go with this one as it's hardy and self fertile.
    Thought it might grow nicely up my pergola.
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

No - but I've thought about it a time or two - my daughter's called Jenny!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
      No - but I've thought about it a time or two - my daughter's called Jenny!
      Tis one of my favourite names!
      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I have a few narcissi of that name too - a very elegant scented white one!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

no experience yet, but i've bought one from wilkies (£3), probably not the best idea, but i put it out in the garden straight away then figured it may be a bit cold (just before the snow came) so it has a milk carton with the bottom cut out over it, don't think they are very hardy, but we'll see.

Comment

I've got one in my back garden but it hasn't fruited yet. I also had one in the house I left when I got divorced. It was about 5 years old before it fruited, but got masses of decent sized fruit on it - not as big as the ones you buy. They weren't ready for picking until late October and even then they were still a bit hard. They did soften up in storage and the flavour was fantastic! I don't know the variety, but we bought it from Bakker mail order (Dutch company) and it grew along the garage wall. I never gave it any special treatment as regards feeding, watering etc, just let it do its own thing. I also used to chop bits off that were getting too long or in the way (my way of "pruning" )
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

They are supposed to be pretty hardy and I do know somebody that has one up in Scotland (only just over the border admitedly but still definitely north of here). Bought one just before Christmas but as it was pretty small it's still in a pot in the greenhouse ready to be planted out when the weather warms up a bit so will find out more then.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Hi
                I've got this variety. This will be it's second winter outside and has survived so far. Same as Maureen mine is against a shed wall and no special treatment or feeding. Grows quite vigorously once it gets going so you would probably need a fair bit of space.
                AKA Angie

Comment

My Jenny is in it's third year, grown up a south facing fench, this winter will be a test just how hardy it is I guess.
                  --
                  http://gardenfan.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X