No announcement yet.

soft fruit at aldi

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't fib! You're too far away from the Launceston, Cornwall branch!
    When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Ok, dim beginner question. A friend got me some of the Aldi fruit bushes, but I've never planted fruit bushes before, so when I opened them I was hoping they would be labelled. Unfortunately not - so I now have various brown sticks shoved into pots. I don't know which was which so I don't know whether I've got all the raspberry canes in together or not.

How do you tell the raspberries from the redcurrants from the gooseberries when they have no leaves? They just all look like sticks to me!

Comment

sorry creemteez bit naughty i suppose

try this westwiltspatio

Originally posted by Bobyn View Post
        Help please!

I've bought 2 sets of fruit bushes from Aldi containing 3 raspberry, 1 blackcurrant and 1 tayberry in them. But when I've opened the packets the roots aren't labelled

I want to be able to plant out the blackcurrants in one section of the plot and add the raspberries and tayberries to the current row of raspberries.

Does anyone have any advice on how to tell the blackcurrant root apart from the others please??? There are 2 roots with new green/white leaves shooting from them and I thought maybe one type of the fruit starting to sprout earlier, hopefully someone will tell me that's the blackcurrant.

I'll be very grateful if someone can help
        Originally posted by greendean View Post
        just had a look at my aldi soft fruit

blackcurrant has two or three branches with small buds all the way up
        tayberry i would say is the thinner dark cane
        raspberry the thicker cane

hope this helps
        above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

My 2 packs of ALDI soft fruits contained 6 growing plants & four dead twigs,,, no roots,,, no buds,,, no leaves,,,.
          Dropped aldi a quick feedback, but only got standard reply,,,, no mention of the bushes etc.

At the moment, I have no idea what i'm growing,,,,, so come on summer, my fruit bowl & clotted cream awaits,,,,,
          try it once,,,,, you might like it !

Comment

arent they supposed to have some colour-coded paint on the sticks that match up to the fruit on the back?

my mum said one of hers did but 2 in the pack didnt...

Comment

That'll be why one of the sticks had a blob of yellow paint on it then. None of the rest did.

Comment

Regarding these from last year.

I bought the pack with the Gooseberry Careless, Raspberry Glen Ample and Blackberry.

I know it is a long shot but does anyone know what type of blackberry it was?

I noticed ours had buds on it the other day, when I looked this morning they all have green leaves on them!

The gooseberry has leaves growing on it too which is a surprise as I thought it had died last year when it had little caterpillars all over it that shredded the leaves.
                Last edited by 21again; 23-03-2010, 04:30 PM.
                Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X