Raspberry planting depth

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry planting depth

I couldn't think of a good title for this one! I was wondering if anyone can hlep me. I've googled, but got conflicting advice, with no reasons given for either opinion.
    I planted my summer raspberries a year ago, and the canes are grown, ready for fruiting. I've had to move some soil from another part of the garden, and at the moment it is heaped up around the raspberry canes, probably 6 inches deeper than before. Do you think this will cause a problem if I can't get it moved? Some advice says they should not be planted deeper than the original soil mark, others say plant a couple of inches deeper. At the moment it's like a raised bed, with the raspberries planted below the bottom of it!
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

i dont think this will be a problem for raspberries. because they throw up new canes each year from below the ground they say plant below the soil mark, blackcurrants are the same. only thing to watch for is if the soil gets wet and boggy because the new shoots may go rotten

hope this helps
    Last edited by greendean; 22-02-2009, 06:32 PM.
    above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X