Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may just have bought a quince tree!

Now I don't need a quince tree, but it was reduced down to £10

Just need to work out where to put it now!
    Rachel

Trying to tame the mad thing called a garden and getting there I think!

My Garden Mayhem...inspirational blog for me I hope! - updated 16/04/09

Where did you get THAT???

If you don't want it I'll be delighted to take it

Comment

Well it's about 10' tall so I'm not quite sure how I'd send it in the post!

My mum mentioned a couple of weeks back that a local garden centre had some acers for sale at £10 each, but I was told by Mr G that 6 of them is more than enough! But today I was there to look at the pet area and as driving out saw the for sale trees so went to have a look. That was the only tree with a lable, the others seem to be guess work ones.

Just read somewhere that adding a couple of slices of quince to apple pie is yummy!

Think my plan is to put it in a large pot for now until we decide where it's going to go.
      Rachel

Comment

Lucky you
        They are very tasty indeed and very underesitmated
        Thank you anyway

Comment

just don't eat them raw..........i made that mistake last year,

hmm i want be repeating the trick......soooooo Sour!
          www.myspace.com/alexfcooke
          www.outofthecool.com
          http://polytunneldiaries.blogspot.com/

Comment

My neighbour has one and it is quite a large tree so dont grow it too close to the house...they can be very temperamental - and dont fruit every year my neighbour tells me ...she gave me some three years ago and I made quince jelly...really gorgeous. Best of luck with it ...I am thinking of growing one just because they are unusual...
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Lol...will keep the dropped fruit from the small child then

I'm hoping to keep it well trained and not get too large otherwise it'll completely shade next door.

I really need my parents field in France to grow all these trees I want!
              Rachel

Comment

Japanese or European?

Last November, I planted a bare-root maiden European Quince (Cydonia oblonga) on semi-dwarfing rootstock in my front garden. The variety is 'Isfahan' (sometimes spelled Ispahan). I won't get any fruit for four years or so, but I can wait.
                Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

It's called 'Vranja', supposed to give huge fruits! I think it's European? Got a plant passport
                  Rachel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X