Moving Citrus Trees Outside?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Citrus Trees Outside?

I’ve had my citrus trees indoors over winter, when can I put them back outside?
    Cheers

Danny

Originally posted by broadway View Post
    I’ve had my citrus trees indoors over winter, when can I put them back outside?
    I would wait until towards the end of april after thelast frosts, especially if it has been in a room with central heating.

I have stored mine in a room with the heating turned off and the blinds partially closed although I do plan to take them back to the allotment towards the end of this month they will be going into the greenhouse until the end of april.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Thanks Chris
      Cheers

Danny

Comment

I have always been told, wait till the start of june as there may always be a frost, i have some outside now,
        If you put them out early ,just be ready incase theres going to be a frost and chuck a cloth over them
        the rest of mine are going out when it goes warmer, probably at the start of may
        The best way to put them out is to do a few hours per day, then another week a bit longer each day for a week, then all day for a week or so, then leave them out
        An easier way to prevent shock is to try and move them out when the inside temperature equals the outside temperature, the same in the autumn when bringing them in, dont leave it too late to bring them in as it will not be so cold inside, make it roughly the same temp when moving them
        Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

I would wait till mid may before putting them out as we can sometimes get some late frosts, I would move them into the conservatory if you have one, acclimatise them.
          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Mine have not moved at all yet. The ones bearing fruit ( tonys+pics+09+(2)+003.jpg)are (image) still kept heated indoors. The ones that are at this time bearing no fruit are in an unheated glasshouse.
            If i only had a couple i would take every oppurtunity when the sun is shining to let them get a little acclimatised outside (daytime only) Its been a dry fornight,but the next day it rains and its warm..i will let mine get a slight soaking.
            Other than this..wait until the spring warms up.
            Never mind the TWADDLE here's the SIX PETALS.

http://vertagus.blogspot.com/ Annual seedlings.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X