Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueberry plants

Hi

Just thought I would let everyone know that homebase have blueberry plants for £1.99
    Lets teach kids to cook.

Originally posted by kentish girl View Post
    Hi

Just thought I would let everyone know that homebase have blueberry plants for £1.99

Ooohh i want some more of those were the plants quite a good size?

Comment

Has anyone else seen this ?
      All I can find on the H.Base site is £9.99.

My local branch is in the next town & I don't want to traipse over there if they don't do it.

thanks for reading

F
      try it once,,,,, you might like it !

Comment

Originally posted by coomber View Post
        Ooohh i want some more of those were the plants quite a good size?
        I picked 5 up today from the Sandhurst branch, Bluecrop blueberry. They were in 9cm pots, with a few stems just over 20cm long.

They also had gooseberry, raspberry, blackcurrant and loganberry.

Originally posted by Furkin View Post
        Has anyone else seen this ?
        All I can find on the H.Base site is £9.99.

My local branch is in the next town & I don't want to traipse over there if they don't do it.

thanks for reading

F
        It might be worth ringing up the store to check they have them in stock and see if they will put some to 1-side for you. The guy who served me said that it was not a new offer and they would be getting more in.

5 young plants for £9.95, excellent value.

I then called into a nearby Lidl and bought 2 climbing roses £1.26 each, they had just arrived so I was able to select the best. Just as well as many seemed to have a bit of white mould on the stems, don't know if it's a problem and maybe just because of been transporting in plastic, but I was able to choose 2 different shades of pink climbing roses without mould. One for either side of an arch near my front door, blooming lovely.

Also picked up a pack of 3 Eryngium (Autumn Perennial range) for 69p and some climbing nasturiums seeds for 28p. Wasn't interested in a food shop whilst there, but I did buy a lovely fresh cauliflower for 49p.

I've now planted nearly every fruit in great quantity on my plot, just need several white currants to complete the range. So if anyone sees any value baby white currants plants on offer, please let me know.

Comment

I ended up calling H.Base head office, who knew nothing about it. I asked to be put through to my local branch in West Cornwall - & sat there holding whilst the nice chap went outside to check. After 20 min's or so, he also said he knew nothing about it,,,, & that I was speaking to Camberly branch,,,, not quite in Cornwall !
          I called Truro & Redruth branches who likewise knows nothing about Blueberries at that price, or indeed ANY blueberries ! I told them that they are actually advertised on their www site - but to no avail.
          I did drive over to Redruth brach, & as the chap said - they have no plants in at all, nor are they expecting any !?

I feel a missive to Head Office coming on !

Good Luck to the rest of you.
          try it once,,,,, you might like it !

Comment

Furkin what a dreadful shame and so unlike my own experience yesterday. The guy I asked was already involved in putting out a hanging basket display, so could quite easily have just pointed me in the right direction. As it was he took me across pulled out the blueberries and then went off to get a basket for me, even though I'd have happily carried them as they were.

Sometimes it seems the person who answers the phone at some stores, are not interested in customer service. Whereas if they could put you through to the person who actually is in charge of that section, you might have more luck. However regardless of what business your in and how much training staff get, it still seems to come down to an individual's attitude and if they are having a good day or not.

Best of luck in the future, your bond to meet a nice and helpful assistant sooner or later.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X