Straw for strawberry bed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straw for strawberry bed

I got the last 2 bales of straw that our local pet supply wholesaler had in stock and he said that straw is in short supply at the moment in this country, just wondered if anyone has had any problems getting any or if they have heard the same story.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Would shredded paper be an adequate alternative?
    If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

I dont know as this is my first strawberry bed but I would think that cardboard would be better than newspaper as it wont go soggy as quick.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

I use wood chips and shavings. I buy a bale from As-da in the pet section and it lasts me all year for my strawbs. No probs with slugs using this method so far.

Serene she stand amid the flowers,
        And only count lifes sunny hours,
        For her dull days do not exist,
        Evermore the optimist

Comment

Go to any farm or stables and they will charge you £2 - £3.5 per bale ( this is a proper size bale).
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I'm hoping to get the used hops off from our local microbrewery to use on mine!

Comment

Our chicken supply shop told me they can't get chopped straw mixed with shavings as there is a shortage of shavings this year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X