Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another raspberry question

Hello my fruity friends!

I bought three Autumn Bliss canes at the beginning of february and planted them the same day they were delivered.

One of them began sprouting leaves about three weeks or more ago, but the other two have no sign of life. Is this normal, or are they a lost cause? They are in a row against a wooden fence and all get the same amount of light and sunshine.

Any ideas?
    My mind works like lightning, One brilliant flash and it is gone!

Mine have all sprouted at different times, some a month ago, some today from the same variety, one type none had grown at all, i thought the ice had killed them last month as there in pots and froze solid, today one has sprouted, it just seems that they sprout randomly
    Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Mine too, both Autumn Bliss and Joan J, some from each have sturdy looking shoots growing at the side of the cane with leaves, some have buds up the cane and no shoots and some have nothing, nada, zilch.

Comment

All three of my autumn bliss, nowt
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I managed to kill off all 6 raspberry plants year before last. I have now ordered 5 more canes, so am keeping my fingers crossed this time.

Comment

ok, so its not time to panic just yet then! phew!

Its just so darned hard being patient!

Thank you all!
            My mind works like lightning, One brilliant flash and it is gone!

Comment

Mi J, feel the same, there are NO buds on mine yet and they have been out there 3 weeks....
              I need a pill of patience....anyone know where I can get one!

Comment

I got 8 raspberries and a blackberry. The blackberry and one of the rasps did nothing until some new shoots appeared out of the compost near the canes. 3 other raspberries have leaves growing from some of the nodes and the other 4 all show a variety of small buds.
                They were all planted in pots or the soil on march 2nd.

i've been wondering for some time if they were all dead, suddenly, it seems not.

Comment

I bought 5 autumn bliss and 5 Glen Ample the year before last. Only one of each grew I don't know why. The Glen Ample on is now throwing up canes all over the place, but I haven't seen any signs from Autumn Bliss yet, which is a shame because the few we got last year were lovely.
                  Last edited by BarleySugar; 02-04-2009, 06:16 AM.
                  I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                  Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                    All three of my autumn bliss, nowt
                    One of em has a leaf today! yay
                    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse