Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotyledons pulled off accidently..bin it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotyledons pulled off accidently..bin it?

On one of my melon seedlings i thought i'd improve on mother nature and help the seed casing off one of them....and accidentally pulled the cotyledons off with it (just aswell i have another couple which are fine!)

My question is, should i just bin this seedling now, or is there any chance it'll still grow?

Thanks
    Last edited by 5thelement; 04-04-2009, 05:30 PM.

I've done that before I just throw 'em away, it's very doubtful the plant would have the strength to put out new leaves without the seed leaves to produce food/energy from. You'll know not to fiddle next time eh? (Except you will anyway, coz we all do )

Comment

Thanks.

I'll try my best not to make the same mistake again! lol

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        You'll know not to fiddle next time eh? (Except you will anyway, coz we all do )
        Why do we? I can't remember how many years I've been growing from seed, and every year I wreck at least one seedling by trying to help it out! After I've ruined one I remember not to do it again - but every year!
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I guess i can take comfort in the fact im not the only one to have done it lol

I have a jalapeno seedling where the cotyledons have emerged from the seed, but the left the seed casing around the stalk lol looks like it's wearing a shackle or a necklace, i think i'll leave that alone though! im sure it'll break it off once the stem thickens lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X