What's killed raspberry?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's killed raspberry?

Anybody any idea what may have killed off a raspberry cane growing amongst others which are quite healthy??
    Attached Files
    "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Is it an established plant or new this year? Just asking because daughter bought some last year and 2 of the 6 didn't 'take' and grow. The garden centre replaced them. If it's established, I'm not sure. They are usually indestructable!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi, I planted them last year. The rest are looking really healthy.
      "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Comment

Mystery then. (To me anyway - I'm sure someone else is a rasp expert!)
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Don't suppose a dog was able to wee on it? I have a couple of plants that died back for no reason too and that's the only thing I can think of.
          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Its roots could have hit some hideous contaminant in the soil?

It may be worth digging it up and checking if there are any creepy crawlies of signs of disease on the roots or in the ground.

Maybe its been snapped just below ground level by a rowdy creature/child/strong gust of wind??

J

Comment

Originally posted by JimmerG View Post
              Its roots could have hit some hideous contaminant in the soil?

It may be worth digging it up and checking if there are any creepy crawlies of signs of disease on the roots or in the ground.

Maybe its been snapped just below ground level by a rowdy creature/child/strong gust of wind??

J
              Ok JimmerG, I'll have a bit of a dig around. It was doing ok, but I've noticed it getting paler and paler and finally turning brown.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X