Can anyone identify these?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify these?

Went for a walk this afternoon and came across some trees/bush covered in these fruits. I presume they're two different fruits but it was hard to tell if they came from a different tree because they were so crammed together.

I'm thinking maybe the red ones are wild plums, not sure on the round ones though. Any ideas?

I ate some of them and they're quite nice Am I going to die???

Last edited by rodofgod76; 11-08-2009, 05:22 PM.

I know them as Cherry Plums....not sure if that's the proper name but that's what my family always called the wild trees that were near us, they're yummy!
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Yep - cherry plums - nice on their own, fantastic in jam and make a superb chutney. Fill your pockets!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Look like mirabelles to me. Ive got a load in the freezer..absolutely delicious.

Comment

there's loads of these lining my local cycle path ... I just need 100s of jars to put them in now
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We have these around our school field. Being the only one there at this time of year means I get them all. If I can beat the wasps, any rate!

Comment

Are the yellow ones the same fruit as the red ones then?? Or different types?

Comment

Same fruit, just at a different stage.

Comment

Different cultivars, different colour fruit: yellow, red or dark purple apparently Cherry plum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X