goji berrys

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goji berrys

i have had my goji berry bushes in for two years now,I had some fruit on the on the first year, then after that year i pruned them back, this yea i have had no fruit what so ever, any help with these plants would really be helpfull as i dont want to prune them wrong again thats if i did frune them wrong in the first place

Did your prune them back 'hard'?

I also have Gojis - grown from seed last year - now looking like they'll do the biz next year in their full second year. I might just have to wait until 2011?

The plants from last year I tidied, taking only the straggliest of ends away, to around the 2foot level - they've strengthened the main stems and are fairly woody and robust - which is the aim (I hope) or I'm in big trouble (expectation-wise!).

From what I know of Gojis - they pretty much take care of themselves - tolerating quite low temps and indeed some degree of drought. They can be grown into fruiting hedges which is my long term aim. I have 6 flower buckets each with 2-3 fairly strong survivors from the initial growing.

My own level of pruning has been one of tidying rather than 'hacking'. Were you perhaps a little harsh last year? Think you'll get your rewards next year when they've had time to recover. Do keep them clear of potatos/tomatoes as they are from the same family and could be susceptible to blight should it strike.

Should stress I'm not a Goji expert and am learning by trying out the recovered seed method and finding out what I can from the net. Think there may be one or two others here doing/done the same.

PS - welcome to the vine 'shoemakers'!

Comment

I have had a few flowers this year on my plants (4 year old). This is poor for my plants as they are normally covered with flowers by now.

Something has been eating my leaves for the first time, not found out what it is?

So it's not looking good this year, still have some in the freezer from last year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X