Newly planted apricot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly planted apricot

Planted an apricot tree 7 days ago. It was a potted tree, looked healthy, well watered over last week. Looked at it today, and it didnt look `right`, if you know what i mean. Bottom of leaves showing, some limp and colour of leaves somehow looked wrong (bluey grey) Sorry for the vagueness, but does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Planted a plum, cherry, greengage and pear at same time and they all look fine.
    A bad days fishing is still better than a good day at work!
    There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.

I got a pot grown apricot last year, it did the same just after planting start of september last year it took some time to recover, it was fine all year ( nearly had some fruit, but the squirels stole what was left after the birds ate the blossom )
    I presume its just they dont like messing with, and being posted
    Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Looking worse, so i took a leaf to the nursery. They told me that apricots are sensitive to being moved and that it looked like powdery mildew which was probably exacerbated by being moved. Sold me some organic fungal spray. A bit too windy down here today for spraying so will see what weather tommorrow brings. Any comments please guys?
      Last edited by brooklynodog; 16-09-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Visited the allotment today, now looks like the tree is dying, why should that happen to a potted tree?

Comment

In a pot, main reason is overwatering, but to be honest, mine now this year has started droppng a few leaves,
          maybe its just geting ready to chuck its leaves for the winter, with the shock of posting its decieded to do it a bit early, not sure, but it might have,sometimes `pot grown` trees have just been ripped out of the floor and dumped in a pot with compost, if so it may be more upset and loose its leaves

Take a photo and post it here , then someone may be able to se whats wrong with it
          Last edited by starloc; 17-09-2009, 06:24 PM.
          Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X